: opinion on trading escalade for cts_v

kars79
07-19-11, 09:00 PM
Hi everyone,

Im thinking about trading my escalade for cts-v coupe but im not sure if i should do it or not.
I like the escalade but im kind of bored,waiting for the next escalade but it looks like its gonna be another 2 year before the new model shows up.
I know few of you traded escalade for the cts-v and wanted to see if you guys think if its good idea to trade the escalade for the V.

Thanks in advance for all the answers.

Mark

MrHolland
07-20-11, 12:39 AM
Hey,,,Im from Tulsa!!!!! I think it would really come down to options of both cars and the years. I havent researched this at all but off the top of my head I would think the Escalade would hold its value a little better, but I have nothing to base this on. Good luck!!!

bstiffmanofsteel
07-20-11, 03:53 AM
If you don't need the extra space, it's a nice change of pace!

hcvone
07-20-11, 09:34 AM
Hi everyone,

Im thinking about trading my escalade for cts-v coupe but im not sure if i should do it or not.
I like the escalade but im kind of bored,waiting for the next escalade but it looks like its gonna be another 2 year before the new model shows up.
I know few of you traded escalade for the cts-v and wanted to see if you guys think if its good idea to trade the escalade for the V.

Thanks in advance for all the answers.

Mark

Not sure I would be happy with a CTSV coupe after owning an Escalade, I have many Escalade's and not too long ago got a BDE CTSV coupe, first let me say the v coupe is a great car, great performance and handling and one of the best looking cars on the road, the problem I have when switching from my Escalade's or RR's to the v coupe is YOU CAN"T SEE ANYTHING, and that takes some getting used to, even my Corvette's offer much better visibility compared to the coupe. If you can keep both you would have the best of both worlds. :)

kars79
07-24-11, 11:53 PM
Thanks for all the answers.
It's nice to see someone from Tulsa here.
I decided to keep my escalade because I need/like the space and the comfort of the escalade.
Ctsv is a great car all around but after driving it for a day I think I like sitting up high better.
As Carl advised if i could I would have both of them but I can't...

hcvone
07-25-11, 08:02 AM
You are making the right choice IMO

kars79
07-25-11, 10:53 PM
You are making the right choice IMO

Thanks Carl.

48Dodge
07-26-11, 11:00 AM
My wife had a standard CTS 4dr for a little while as a rental. Fit and finish felt very German. It drove like a German car. But I agree you can't see a thing. The c pillars are huge. And I think they're larger in the coupe. I couldn't get my seat adjusted right. Too low and the side mirrors blocked my view. If I raised up, the rearview was a blindspot. It was a tad tight on the inside for hauling 2 kids around, too. We both enjoyed driving it, though. Thought hard about getting her one but ended up finding a MB CLS for a good price.

sent from my Droid Incredible