: Slippery Running Boards

percentage
10-19-04, 06:23 PM
It finally rained, and, WOAH!!, are the running boards on my ESV slippery. The black plastic seems to be very hard.

Is this normal?

Does anyone know of replacement panels, a treatment, or decent replacement running boards that will cure this problem?

hcvone
10-19-04, 07:52 PM
It rains and snows a lot here and I have not had any problems the last 2 years, what type of shoes were you wearing? Leather soles are slippery. :)

slimm44
10-19-04, 10:07 PM
you could always get those panels line-x'ed.

slk230mb
10-19-04, 10:13 PM
Mine are only slippery after I have Armor-alled them. I know it isn't the greatest of ideas for my passengers, but the only two that use the running boards to get in and out are my mom and sister, and i'm 200 miles away at school, so that's not a big problem for me right now.

percentage
10-20-04, 01:45 AM
They seem to be slippery no matter the type of shoe. I don't notice it much because I am tall and don't use them much, but since my wife complained, I have been testing it.

It could be the dealer put armour-all on them when they detailed it a couple of weeks ago. I have not had any problem with the metal nerf running boards on the 2002 Suburban I still have. I like the line-x idea but I am not sure how it would look since there is a tight fit between the chrome side molding and the tread. I plan to get the chrome molding painted black so I will see when I take it apart how things might fit.

T_Dogg8
10-20-04, 08:09 AM
i haven't noticed either. but i don't use them. my girlfriend does though, and she's never complained.

hcvone
10-20-04, 09:06 AM
I would scrub them with a scrub brush, any oil product like Armor All will get slippery when wet.