: glad it's not me

M5eater
07-19-11, 09:35 AM
good news; my dealer feels the vibrations above 65-70 that I do, and they're fixing the small stuff(like the paint bubbling on the hinges)
bad news; it(the vibrating) is unresolved after checking the balance on the wheels. appointment set for next monday. I'm convinced a gm balanced driveshaft or rear end are in my future at this point. anyone have similar experiences, if so what were was the solution?

my G8 had similar highspeed vibrations, the normal resolution (if you could get the dealer to duplicate it..) was a driveshaft replacement. it's somewhat fustrating for the same problem to follow me in a completely different brand and platform.

haterinc
07-19-11, 10:18 AM
nothin' to report here... this is the first i've heard of it. you sure you don't have a squirrel wrapped around an axle or the ds or something? lol

smackdownCTSV
07-19-11, 10:29 AM
On the SRT the main things to look at were the wheels for the slightest out of round or small bend, tires, road force balance, control arm/bushings, and driveshaft.

shade
07-19-11, 11:01 AM
Had a nasty vibration on my SRT10. Even though the wheels balanced the tires were crap.
Replaced the tires and super smooth after that.

vetkila
07-19-11, 11:03 AM
I agree with smackdownctsv I had a shake in the front of my car. I had the front rims road force balanced and they told me the front tires we out of round. I change the front tires and the shake was gone. Now every time I buy new tires I check them. If they are out of round I send them right back for new.

Ross L
07-19-11, 11:19 AM
I had a slight 70 mph vibration. Never bothered to take it to the dealer. Finally replaced tires when ps2's were shot, now perfectly smooth.

PhxTriode
07-19-11, 06:23 PM
I had a bent rim that didn't show up on a balance... Had it roadforced balanced and they saw the issue, $100 to true the rim and all is well

M5eater
07-19-11, 06:31 PM
I had a slight 70 mph vibration. Never bothered to take it to the dealer. Finally replaced tires when ps2's were shot, now perfectly smooth.

this progressively gets worse as speed increases. at 80-85 it's bad enough the rear-view mirror is useless.

smackdownCTSV
07-19-11, 07:57 PM
Dammit! Now I notice a slight vibration.

M5eater
07-19-11, 08:05 PM
Dammit! Now I notice a slight vibration.

I have reccaros, and it's easily noticeable in the lumbar section, but it's also most noticeable in the arm-rest, and steering wheel. at 65 the interior trim pieces will vibrate sometimes.

smackdownCTSV
07-19-11, 09:58 PM
Just in the steering wheel, but I just had a yaw rate sensor installed, but that shouldn't affect it. Unless it does?

M5eater
07-20-11, 07:42 AM
Just in the steering wheel, but I just had a yaw rate sensor installed, but that shouldn't affect it. Unless it does?

Negative. If it's 'just' in the steering wheel, I would guess it's more likely somewhere between the TRE's and the rack instead of an acutal wheel/drivetrain vibration.

M5eater
07-30-11, 11:05 AM
so an update, this turned out to be a drive-shaft and rear pinon flange problem(both replaced). Although they put 123miles on the V between 3 attempts to figure out the issue, it's all gone now!

cbloveday
07-30-11, 11:07 AM
so an update, this turned out to be a drive-shaft and rear pinon flange problem(both replaced). Although they put 123miles on the V between 3 attempts to figure out the issue, it's all gone now!

Great news! Glad it got fixed. Good to know.