: 1988 Fleetwood Brougham rear air shocks

07-18-11, 11:25 AM
This is my first post on this site. I have a RWD Fleetwood Brougham. I want to keep this car going as long as I can. I need rear shocks for this car. Has the electric leveling system. Both rear shocks are leaking oil and the compressor turning on every couple of minutes. Where can I get replacement air shocks for this? The gabriel high jackers I hear aren't very good for this car. Can't seem to find them in a dealer. Any info is greatly appreciated. Need all the help I can get. Thanks.


07-18-11, 12:09 PM
rockauto.com has a few choices.

07-18-11, 01:27 PM
This is what I bought, works great!


I also had to buy this kit


07-18-11, 06:37 PM
I would go with AC DELCO shocks; DELCO is OEM for most GM vehicles. After market shocks like, Monroe, don't get the ride quality right, and it can be too stiff or too bouncy. I'm pretty sure the part number for the air ride shocks is 504-511.

07-19-11, 02:53 AM
If you can get the exact part number for the ac delco's. I seen a pair on rock auto for less than $70 plus ship. But not sure if it's the exactly what I need. Been RWD and with the leveling system have to be careful. Keep me posted.


07-19-11, 09:42 AM
Straight from AC Delco's site

Part Number: 504-511
Product Notes:
Air Lift Rear Levelling Shock Absorber
4DR ; Two per pack
Per Vehicle: 2; Years: 1991-1992


1990 V8-307ci 5.0L 4 BBL Vin Y (BROUGHAM)
1989 V8-307ci 5.0L 4 BBL Vin Y (BROUGHAM)
1989 V8-307ci 5.0L 4 BBL Vin 9 (BROUGHAM)
1988 V8-307ci 5.0L 4 BBL Vin Y (BROUGHAM)
1987 V8-307ci 5.0L 4 BBL Vin Y (BROUGHAM)
1987 V8-307ci 5.0L 4 BBL Vin 9 (BROUGHAM)
1986 V8-307ci 5.0L 4 BBL Vin Y (BROUGHAM)
1985 V8-350ci 5.7L Diesel Vin N

07-19-11, 10:07 AM
Most of the part numbers on Rockauto don't match up to anything; either DELCO changed the part numbers or Rockauto has a drunk monkey doing the number keeping.

07-19-11, 10:36 AM
lol, you had the right numbers though! I wish my memory was that good.

07-19-11, 11:22 AM
What site did you use to find them? Thanks.

07-19-11, 11:30 AM
I just typed in AC Delco into google. but you can't order them from there site. so maybe the dealer can get them for you, or a auto parts store that carry's AC Delco.

07-19-11, 05:57 PM
Go to acdelco.com (http://www.acdelco.com/index.jsp), and in the bottom right corner you can search for DELCO distributors by ZIP code. You should call around because not all authorized distributors sell everything (Advance Auto has a few small electronics and Autozone sells spark-plugs), but still come up as an authorized distributor.

Under the ZIP code search is the link for the catalog and you can search by vehicle, OEM part-number, and competitor part number. Sometimes if you can't find the part using the OEM number, you can find it by putting it through competitor part number. Some DELCO parts are made by a subsidiary (AC DELCO Canada for example) and don't always come up in the main catalog.