: Re: Program Key fob for Cadillac Fleetwood 1994

thateus
07-18-11, 09:26 AM
Question - I just bought a 1994 Fleetwood and it came with both remotes which worked except for the trunk button. So I replaced the batteries, cleaned the contacts, and successfully re-programmed following the instructions from a post in this forum. But for some reason, the trunk button on both remotes still are not working. Can anyone help me with this? For what its worth, the release button in the glove box does work.

Thanks

outsider
07-18-11, 10:59 AM
if the button doesn't work on both remotes then the problem is probably not the remotes but maybe whatever receives the signal from the remotes?

Cadillacboy
07-19-11, 06:13 PM
Mine run some quirks as well . My advice is unplug neg battery cable and replug it after 15 mins . In my case , it worked

drmenard
07-20-11, 12:14 AM
If clearing it by disconnecting the battery does not do it, but I think there is a good chance it will, It could be the brain that is under the 3rd brake light...It can be taken out from inside the car... very eazy... Try to find one in the junk yard... I buy every one I come across when I go junk picking..I had one jam up and made the door locks buzz and not stop till I killed the power... After I plugged it back in it worked fine for another month or two...then did it again...

thateus
08-14-11, 11:04 AM
So disconnecting the battery did not work - the brain you speak of - is that in the trunk against the back wall? What else does it control? Seems strange that the trunk release from the keyless entry remote would be the only thing that wouldnt work.