: 26 wheel info

quattrotman
07-18-11, 02:15 AM
Hey guys,
New here. In the process of buying an 08 EXT and need some info on wheels. I come from owning mostly euro cars but my job requires me to have a truck so I figured I rock a cadillac and roll in style :cool2:
I want to put 26 wheels on it. I know the ride will suffer but I don't care about that and roads around here are good. Anyways, I'm trying to find good info on fitment. I tried searching but not finding the right info.
26 x 10 with a 305/30/26. 25mm offset too much? Or is 28 or 35 better. I don't want them to look tucked but I also dont want major rubbing probs. I don't mind doing a little work to get them to work but not major body mods.
I read somewhere brakes need modification. Is this true? If so, what kind of mods are we talking about?
I really appreciate anyone who could take the time to school me on this stuff.:worship: First time I'm trying to fit big wheels on a truck and I don't want to make a mistake.

As a side note: what's a good, relatively economical cat back stainless exhaust? I care more about nice sound than power.

Thanks again!

Mha
07-18-11, 11:37 AM
I just odered 26s for my ext. Tracking# says there comin in today. I was also on the edge because some people siad mods where needed and im not to handy plus dont realy know where to turn to. I got the 295/30/26 tires. We will see I guess

2007XTSDub
07-18-11, 07:15 PM
Pics?

Sent from Android.

quattrotman
07-19-11, 01:05 AM
Specifically, I'm thinking kmc slides in 26x10 with 28mm offset and 305/30/26 for a bit more meat. Anyone rolling the same setup? I'd like to see and hear about what you needed to do to get them on.

Mha
07-19-11, 01:30 PM
Ill try to get pics by the weekend. Turnes out estes express suck for shipping. Tracking number said they where in a town 45min away on friday so I call to see if they deliver on saturday. They said no and that I could not go pic them up. Monday I get a call saying that ineed to set up a date to get them. I was pissed the other guy didnt say that when I called on friday. He knew I wanted them asap I was even will to go pick them up. So I guess there on there way today.

Mha
07-19-11, 03:48 PM
Got the 26 on just the 2 front and they rub quite a bit when turning that is.

teefrieson
07-19-11, 09:38 PM
I have 07 ext with 26's. 305/30/26 and they ride fine.

quattrotman
07-20-11, 01:05 AM
What is the offset? Did you have to do any cutting of the wheel well liners or anything else? Pics?? Love to see them!

Mha
07-20-11, 02:35 AM
Yea I would love to see pics of your wheel well. Mine ru bs kind of hard. I hear that a heat gun will fix it? Anyone try this? Any tips- im guessing you heat up where it rubs and then push it in with something?