: unintended fob actuation

jckennerly
07-17-11, 01:39 PM
New to GM and new to keyless fob. I'm accidently actuating the rear hatch, horn, and door locks from the fob that resides in my pocket with other keys. Does anyone make a "glove" for the fob that prevents accidental actuation? I rarely use the buttons on the fob, so it wouldn't be an inconvenience to have them guarded

doctormstein1
07-17-11, 01:57 PM
with the hatch opening accidentally which happened to me many time , now I use the switch on the inside of the door to turn off the hatch

Marc NY
07-17-11, 05:41 PM
New to GM and new to keyless fob. I'm accidently actuating the rear hatch, horn, and door locks from the fob that resides in my pocket with other keys...Keeping your fob in your pocket with other keys is a BIG NO NO; by keeping other keys in with your fob you are definitely asking for them to activate your fob.

Since you seem to be activating all your fob functions you will need to sock it or keep the fob separated from your other keys!

algiorda
07-17-11, 10:34 PM
I have a FOB cover, but it does not stop accidental activations. It DOES, however, prevent accidental loss of keys that are connected.

rtsittner
07-18-11, 01:30 AM
Try these - www.keywraps.com. They look good and the one with the fold-over cover will keep the buttons from being accidently pushed.

Randy

Smokin' SRX
07-19-11, 01:04 AM
Good advice all. And rtsittner is correct! Keywraps.com even advertises on our site! look to the right.......>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SS