: 2011 Escalade Platinum questions

surburban99
07-17-11, 10:53 AM
I normally purchase a new Escalade ESV every two to three years. Bad habits are hard to break. This would be my fourth ESV. Thinking about a Platinum this time around.

What should I expect off the purchase price? Just wondered if there is a deal to be had on these, since I see them sitting a long time on the dealer lots.

Is the extra cost for the Platinum worth it? Aren't you getting the Range Rover price range at $88,000?

Thanks for the advice,

John

Big Windy Ext
07-17-11, 11:16 AM
My dealer doesn't deal, he emphasizes the limited availability and waits it out for the whale.I thought the same thing ,that they spend a long time on the lot. I'm sure there has to be dealer that bargains better.

hannity
07-17-11, 12:49 PM
I have a 2010 platinum and I paid just under 4k over invoice. If I had to do it again I would not purchase this vehicle. Now that I look at Tahoes and regular Escalades. I see that the price to pay for the LED lighting and aniline leather seats is not worth the extra cost. All the mechanical and quality short-comings that are in the regular escalade have carrried over into the platinum editions. They aren't built any better. Granted from what I see on the net and on this forum the leather is alot better. gm uses very cheap leather in their regular escalades that develop scratch marks very easily. I have virtually none in my truck's seating surfaces. Whatever you decide to do good luck.

surburban99
07-17-11, 05:00 PM
this is good information, thanks for sharing!!!

evois
07-18-11, 01:03 AM
isn't the leather covered under warranty anyways if you have gmpp?

hcvone
07-18-11, 08:28 AM
I normally purchase a new Escalade ESV every two to three years. Bad habits are hard to break. This would be my fourth ESV. Thinking about a Platinum this time around.

What should I expect off the purchase price? Just wondered if there is a deal to be had on these, since I see them sitting a long time on the dealer lots.

Is the extra cost for the Platinum worth it? Aren't you getting the Range Rover price range at $88,000?

Thanks for the advice,

John

I have two RR's, and if you are asking if they are overpriced, the answer is YES, I have two standard Escalade and one standard platinum, for me the platinum's are not worth the extra 9k, but I got such a good deal I had to buy it because it came down to the price was only slightly more than a standard Escalade, it was ordered and the customer backed out, the dealer called me and just wanted to get rid of it. :)

///M Eater
07-25-11, 10:57 PM
I have a 2010 platinum and I paid just under 4k over invoice. If I had to do it again I would not purchase this vehicle. Now that I look at Tahoes and regular Escalades. I see that the price to pay for the LED lighting and aniline leather seats is not worth the extra cost. All the mechanical and quality short-comings that are in the regular escalade have carrried over into the platinum editions. They aren't built any better. Granted from what I see on the net and on this forum the leather is alot better. gm uses very cheap leather in their regular escalades that develop scratch marks very easily. I have virtually none in my truck's seating surfaces. Whatever you decide to do good luck.

I couldnt honestly agree more!

saketoro
08-02-11, 12:52 AM
I couldnt honestly agree more!

nice to know before purchasing mine! THUMBS UP!