: engine valves broken

jennkeith
07-17-11, 09:04 AM
I have an 2007 escalade that has 107,000 kms the warranty is good to 160,000 but because this vechile was made in 06 the warranty is now up. One week before the warranty was up I took it to a local Cadillac dealer to give it a once over. They fixed some minor repairs and said the vechile was in good condition. Three weeks after the warranty was up the valve spring broke! I contacted cadillac and they said this repair was going to be anywhere between $3000.00 cdn and 14,000 cdn depending on internal damage! I treid everything I could to cadillac to pay for this repair but They will only cover 1/3 which after the dealer marks the price up it wont make a difference.
I have a few questions though, the first one is has anyone had this valve problem? And if so what cause this to happen? Do you think the other Valves should be replaced as well?
Another thing is how could I get cadillac to pay for this? I left the truck at the dealer ( unrepaired) for two weeks while I argued with them.
Any information would be helpful
thanks
keith:

nhramike57
07-17-11, 01:54 PM
Hey Keith first thing is get away from that stealership! find a local small reputable mechanics shop and have them look at it and to put a bore scope camera through the spark plug hole and see if the valve hit the piston..if not a new set of 16 valve springs installed should cost no more than $1000.00 CDN

Also give GM canada customer service a call and tell em your story of the warrenty mileage ..they have in the past stepped up to the plate and coverd 1/2 or better of the repair costs as "good will"..then find another dealership that appreciate customers and their business!

Rolex
07-17-11, 06:28 PM
Keith, since you already had one reply to this thread I moved it to the proper forum and saved it. I have deleted your duplicate thread that had zero replies. I didn't want you to wonder where your other thread had gone. Good luck resolving your problems.

jennkeith
07-17-11, 08:47 PM
Hey Keith first thing is get away from that stealership! find a local small reputable mechanics shop and have them look at it and to put a bore scope camera through the spark plug hole and see if the valve hit the piston..if not a new set of 16 valve springs installed should cost no more than $1000.00 CDN

Also give GM canada customer service a call and tell em your story of the warrenty mileage ..they have in the past stepped up to the plate and coverd 1/2 or better of the repair costs as "good will"..then find another dealership that appreciate customers and their business!

Thanks for your help I will do that!

evois
07-18-11, 01:01 AM
did you have regular maintenance with that dealer? if so, it would be easy for gm canada to try to help you(I think).

hcvone
07-18-11, 08:22 AM
I have an 2007 escalade that has 107,000 kms the warranty is good to 160,000 but because this vechile was made in 06 the warranty is now up. One week before the warranty was up I took it to a local Cadillac dealer to give it a once over. They fixed some minor repairs and said the vechile was in good condition. Three weeks after the warranty was up the valve spring broke! I contacted cadillac and they said this repair was going to be anywhere between $3000.00 cdn and 14,000 cdn depending on internal damage! I treid everything I could to cadillac to pay for this repair but They will only cover 1/3 which after the dealer marks the price up it wont make a difference.
I have a few questions though, the first one is has anyone had this valve problem? And if so what cause this to happen? Do you think the other Valves should be replaced as well?
Another thing is how could I get cadillac to pay for this? I left the truck at the dealer ( unrepaired) for two weeks while I argued with them.
Any information would be helpful
thanks
keith:

Hi Keith, my second 07' that was made in 06' exploded in my garage, a result of a broken valve, GM replaced the truck because it was under 30 days old with 900 miles on it. e-mail me the last 5 digits of your vin carl@hcvind.com, I will see if they are near my number. There was about 116 valve failures caused by these broken valves, it was a mistake in the heat treating of the parts, or at least that is what I was told