: D3 Stage 1 Street Kit

crabapple
07-16-11, 10:58 PM
Anyone running the D3 Street Performance Stage 1 Kit that could comment on it? Worth the money or not? Warranty issues? Thanks

smackdownCTSV
07-16-11, 11:33 PM
For $100 more you can have a real CAI, 90mm TB, Ported Snout, Pulley, Isolator, HD belt, dyno tune/tuned ecm/handheld.

crabapple
07-16-11, 11:47 PM
That makes much more sense. Please someone enlighten me on "a real CAI"? I know coming from a 2010 Camaro SS LS3, there was what seemed
liked thousands of test done on CAI's to see which one produced better results. I have not been able to find any tests on CAI's for the CTS-V. Thanks

qictrk
07-17-11, 02:14 AM
You should call them for any numbers. I don't think they add that much hp by themselves. It's when you start to add other items that they kick in and are necessary. Cecil...........

smackdownCTSV
07-17-11, 08:42 AM
By "real" I mean not just a filter. But a pipe, cone filter, and shroud.

crabapple
07-17-11, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the responses to my post. Like I have already posted, coming from a Camaro, there was a lot that had to be done to produce the power
needed for that car. The V could stay bone stock and I could be tickled with it but I love the mods that are out there to make the car better and
forums like this are Great!!!

I have contacted Keith at KDI and plan on taking my car to them for some work. The reason I ask about the D3 Kit was that there was one on Ebay
along with a Hennessey Heat Exchanger. I hadn't seen or read anything about the kit and thought the forum would be a good place to start for some
info on it.

Things like the Heat Exchanger and CAI I could do myself and save some money as long as it doesn't get into the tuning part of the car and void any
part of the warranty. I'm not ready to modify the car to the point of voiding the warranty right now just want to add some things that help the
performance a little.

smackdownCTSV
07-17-11, 10:15 AM
That's why I'm hesitant on doing meth.

DrumStix
07-18-11, 12:33 AM
Looking forward to meeting you Crabapple. I don't know if we discussed anything to the point of testing all of the CAI's out there and that is why we are only offering the one we do. Also, I was at New Era this past week. We'll have some more stuff coming out for the V in the next weeks/months.

smackdownCTSV
07-18-11, 08:37 AM
We'll have some more stuff coming out for the V in the next weeks/months.

Like what?

crabapple
07-18-11, 11:17 AM
Looking forward to meeting you Crabapple. I don't know if we discussed anything to the point of testing all of the CAI's out there and that is why we are only offering the one we do. Also, I was at New Era this past week. We'll have some more stuff coming out for the V in the next weeks/months.

Likewise on meeting you guys. Look forward to seeing what's available for the V.

Luna.
07-18-11, 02:39 PM
That's why I'm hesitant on doing meth.

Why is that again? Void the warranty or something?

smackdownCTSV
07-18-11, 04:51 PM
I don't think dealers would take too kindly to meth.