: Mid pipe and HE or ls9 cam?

EVIL_C5
07-16-11, 06:01 PM
Trying to decide which will net me a 10.99 easier and more cost effective. Thoughts?What are the real world gains from a good mid pipe and modifying the stock air box? I have the lpe elbow now. Cam just scares me, I have been down this road before and it never seems to end well.

haterinc
07-16-11, 06:13 PM
intake, cam, tune, 10" lower, injectors

cbloveday
07-16-11, 06:29 PM
Cam will get you there with tune and CAI.
GNXS runs consistent 10.8 with tune, cam, and CAI. Stock exhaust. Face your fears.

edit: he has a heat exchanger as well FWIW. In my opinion the heat exchanger is more helpful with tracking a car vs the strip.

DrumStix
07-18-11, 01:27 AM
The LPE elbow is a little short on what gains you could get from a full CAI so with just it and a 10", I don't see you getting better than an 11:10 or 11:20.

How about just port the blower? It's about the same cash at a full cam swap with parts and will net 35 RWHP and 50 RWT under the curve as shown on some cars already, with a stock cam. That should get you in the 10's, easily.

Domsz06
07-18-11, 08:59 AM
+1 with what drum said.

I wish I could get a cam swap done for that little.. :D

EVIL_C5
07-18-11, 09:19 AM
the one person locally I could trust to do the cam said he wasnt comfortable doing it on my car.....so back to the drawing board.

I have the ported snout now, Drum, can you pm me or email me (you should still have my email address), and we can talk. if the ported blower is something that is pretty easy to swap, and can be done without having the car down for more than a day (wife would chop my fingers off is she knew the v was being modded), I would be interested.

I really think its got a 10.99 in it with some -1500 DA like we see around here in the fall, but I want it to really scream into ther 10's if I can spend a little and not give up the drivability.

Domsz06
07-18-11, 11:27 AM
the one person locally I could trust to do the cam said he wasnt comfortable doing it on my car.....so back to the drawing board.

I have the ported snout now, Drum, can you pm me or email me (you should still have my email address), and we can talk. if the ported blower is something that is pretty easy to swap, and can be done without having the car down for more than a day (wife would chop my fingers off is she knew the v was being modded), I would be interested.

I really think its got a 10.99 in it with some -1500 DA like we see around here in the fall, but I want it to really scream into ther 10's if I can spend a little and not give up the drivability.

I can say that the driveability of my car with the ported tb, snout and sc is still just like bone stock, untill i press the gas!! :)

KDI can answer about the downtime.

EVIL_C5
07-18-11, 11:45 AM
I have someone here locally to install it, just need to get one.... lol

PremierJosh
07-18-11, 12:06 PM
If you want over 600whp go with the cam. Also with the zr1 cam there is no downside at all. I also feel a cam is your best ticket to a 10.99 the a ported blower next.

EVIL_C5
07-18-11, 01:31 PM
I dont think it will take 600 at the wheels to get me there as im at around 550 on a dyno that reads really high and am pretty close.