: Static from I pod

cadigirlchicago2
07-16-11, 10:34 AM
I have noticed randomly that I will be listening to a song from my ipod and then in the background it's alot of static noise. I have to switch to radio, go into the arm rest, unplug and re plug and that gets the static noise to go away. Anyone else have this happen?

sube5186
07-16-11, 11:10 AM
Does this happen with the same songs only, or randomly with different songs? Try upgrading the firmware in your iPod. Also, try connecting a thumbdrive (with the same songs) to the USB port. See if you get the same static while playing music. Take note as to whether it's the same songs or not. If it happens with different songs, there may possibly be a loose connection with the USB wiring.

Sube

cadigirlchicago2
07-16-11, 11:34 PM
thanks for the tip Sube - it happens on different songs - very strange. The song will be playing and then it starts to make a crackle noise. Like I said, I can fix it quickly by unplugging the Ipod from the car and replugging - more of an annoyance than anything.

sube5186
07-17-11, 08:51 AM
thanks for the tip Sube - it happens on different songs - very strange. The song will be playing and then it starts to make a crackle noise. Like I said, I can fix it quickly by unplugging the Ipod from the car and replugging - more of an annoyance than anything.

This definitely sounds like more of a "hardware" issue than a software one. Still always make sure you're running the latest firmware on your iPod. Of course this is easily updated via iTunes. In spite of the fact that this is only a minor annoyance, this is NOT normal, so don't tolerate it. Have your dealer check it out while it's still under warranty. I can understand you not wanting to make a trip to the dealer just for this. Have it looked at the next time you're in for routine maintenance. Also, check the document below to make sure your iPod is compatible with the SRX. Some of the older versions are not.

http://www.dembosky.com/PDIM_VER_CD.pdf

Sube

DocME
08-21-11, 02:56 PM
This happens to us on both our Iphone 3gs and 4. It usually corresponds to the phone sending and receiving signals. When we put the phone in airplane mode the static disappears.