: DRONE MOBILE by compustar.. Anyone using this?

paperchase4life
07-16-11, 03:49 AM
Anyone rockin Drone mobile (http://www.dronemobile.com/features/) by compustar? This thing has all the features I'm looking for without putting in an aftermart alarm, new key fob and all that to get remote window control, stock alarm status, etc.... Works with your mobile and PC so you can check on your lade from anywhere.
Has window modules, alarm alerts/status, gps tracking, remote starting, kid monitoring (when they take the car).. and a lot more (watch the demo). There is an annual cost but I think it's well worth it.. way better than lo jack for find your lade quickly IMO.

Just wondering how smooth the install is on the Lade's and anybody'ss experience with it.

JG! you still in here? Have you done any of these installs? Where's your shop, I'm in the Springs?

Coop
07-17-11, 02:23 PM
It won't work without a compatible Compustar system installed with a monthly fee and is similar to Viper's Smartstart.

From the FAQ

Can I get all the features of the DroneMobile app just by downloading and installing on my phone?
A: No, you must have a DR-1000 or compatible DroneMobile system installed in your vehicle as well as a compatible Firstech system.

paperchase4life
07-18-11, 12:48 AM
Right.. I knew that part... was looking at getting the DR-1000 instead of a full blown alarm. I think being able to track the ride is more important than a defeatable alarm making noise. Nothing can stop a thief, but if I can recover it, makes paying for the system worth it to me.

evois
07-18-11, 12:54 AM
no diy in the system. needs to have a firstech licensed installer.

Cuest
09-07-11, 04:24 PM
I've been using this for about 8 months now on my 2008 CTS 3.6DI AWD and it works great! I also got the one without the alarm system. The only issues I;ve had with it is that occasionally you get the "communication error" on the iPhone App but they are supposed to be releasing an over the air update in the next couple of days to fix those issues. I said get it. It's well worth it.

Cuest
09-07-11, 04:25 PM
no diy in the system. needs to have a firstech licensed installer.
Not true any reputable car alarm installation place can do it.