: STS Navigation Wiring Diagram

STE_6000
07-15-11, 09:25 PM
Trying to get a hold of the wiring diagram for the Navi to the aux inputs. I have the diagram for the connectors for the navi, but im wondering if the wires for the audio/video go right to connectors or if the wires go to a module then the rcas

STE_6000
07-15-11, 10:04 PM
ok, i have a spare sts-v console that i got from a junk yard. im noticing the rca jacks are wired to a yellow/white/pink/purple and 2 bare wires, which i think are the drain wires. i have the harnesses for the navi, that were cut off the last vehical. im noticing from the harness pins, that the 10-pin smallest connector looks to be the aux in option. and they have matching wires. yellow/white are the audio in, and purple and pink are video and aux detection. i didnt see any connecting modules in the console, so im assuming the wires run right to the navi through the harnesses. anyone have the diagrams or worked any in trying to get the aux audio/video to work in a non-factory sold sts converted to use a navi?

STE_6000
07-21-11, 11:03 PM
I'm guessing no one has tried this? No one has upgraded their radio to a nav and tried for the external video source option?

ddalder
07-22-11, 12:15 AM
I've never tried an upgrade, mostly because I haven't had an STS to try it on. You are correct in that wiring from the aux input panel connect directly to the radio without going to an intermediate module.

There are two drain wires. One is for the audio signal and the other is for the video.

Bare - Drain (Video)
Purple - Auxiliary Video High Signal
White - Auxiliary Right Audio Signal
Yellow - Auxiliary Left Audio Signal
Bare - Drain (Audio)
Pink - Auxiliary Detection Signal

STE_6000
07-22-11, 08:22 PM
ya, that is what i gathered from the wiring diagram. just didnt have the wiring diagram past the connector itself.