: First ticket in my V

midtown
07-15-11, 02:55 PM
I've only owned it for 3 weeks. Taking my 5 yr old home from movies on b-day. 52 in a 40. He wrote it for 50. Ha I was doing 70 about 45 seconds before that.

M5eater
07-15-11, 03:24 PM
better than I did in the G8.

86/55 within 16hours of ownership.

jojipoji
07-15-11, 03:26 PM
so you were doing 70 in a 40 with your 5 year old in the car? since its 30 over the limit its probably reckless driving, and with a child in the car, risk of injury to a minor. Depending on your state you are admitting to a felony. real smart. great father.

PhxTriode
07-15-11, 03:37 PM
better than I did in the G8.

86/55 within 16hours of ownership.

I lasted 2 days but 16hrs wow

mannyz
07-15-11, 05:16 PM
If its anything like in Idaho...... We have some completely open roads that are 45mph with less traffic than on the freeway. So lets not jump to name calling and judgement.

jeff342
07-15-11, 08:02 PM
Pretty amazing bragging about getting a ticket. Like mentioned above with child in car could be felony. I was a cop for 25 years. Never been stopped in my V you know what to look for and what is prudent for condition. This is a dangerous car in some folks hands.

laynrockers
07-15-11, 08:34 PM
Hey no worries, we all do it. I have yet to get one in my V. Although I admittedly drive like a maniac. My personal best in my previous car BMW 760LI V-12 was 138mph in a 50mph. He tagged me as I was foot off the gas from 155mph, I was testing out state route 159 here in Vegas until i crossed paths with a BLM officer.. If my girlfriend wasn't in the car I think I would have been in jail. She convinced the officer I am a professional driver hahah :D

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77494&d=1310010795

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o174/mackdawg_2006/IMG_0212.jpg

People please post your best tickets I would love to see what this crowd brings !!!

litig8r187
07-15-11, 08:49 PM
I once PROSECUTED a ticket for a dude in a Ferrari doing over 150+. I was waiting to see this guy when a very distinguished silver haired gentleman in his 70's sauntered in wearing a $2000.00 suit. I looked back at the ticked and the name was Richard Haynes .......... Richard "Racehorse" Haynes. He had been at the nearby Texas World Speedway "airing out" the Ferrari and didn't realize he was going 150mph. "After you've been scaring the hell outta 200mph all day, 150 seems like your crawling." We worked it out.

M5eater
07-15-11, 09:13 PM
I once PROSECUTED a ticket for a dude in a Ferrari doing over 150+. I was waiting to see this guy when a very distinguished silver haired gentleman in his 70's sauntered in wearing a $2000.00 suit. I looked back at the ticked and the name was Richard Haynes .......... Richard "Racehorse" Haynes. He had been at the nearby Texas World Speedway "airing out" the Ferrari and didn't realize he was going 150mph. "After you've been scaring the hell outta 200mph all day, 150 seems like your crawling." We worked it out.

so, 75 is a felony. unless you have money, then 150 it's just fine and dandy.

These threads alway seem to go this way, as if because of some stranger's post is going force the OP to have some sort of epiphany and change his driving styles. fyi, it ain't happening.

Mystical_Ice
07-15-11, 10:41 PM
Go ask Whisler about his experience.

Cop comes up behind him at night, and thinking it's a corvette he passed earlier, he takes off. Car stays behind him till ~140mph.......then flips his lights on.

laynrockers
07-15-11, 11:50 PM
Go ask Whisler about his experience.

Cop comes up behind him at night, and thinking it's a corvette he passed earlier, he takes off. Car stays behind him till ~140mph.......then flips his lights on.

O no haha what a trip..

cbloveday
07-16-11, 12:03 AM
My event happened 16 years ago,
Knock on wood, I have not received a ticket since.

DrumStix
07-16-11, 12:04 AM
I don't wanna incriminate but I got you all beat. But it was then, this is now. No tickets in the V. (knock, knock)

Wannago
07-16-11, 12:15 AM
One of the first things I did was install a Beltronics STi-R Plus radar detector and a Laser Interceptor Lidar jammer.

2 saves from the jammer so far, and probably 5 or so out of the detector. Money well spent.

kirks5oh
07-16-11, 01:26 AM
so you were doing 70 in a 40 with your 5 year old in the car? since its 30 over the limit its probably reckless driving, and with a child in the car, risk of injury to a minor. Depending on your state you are admitting to a felony. real smart. great father.

so i guess you don't remember making this thread a while back, in reference to getting drug down the freeway by a GTR??

"From 70-130 got a car to two on me. I had a passenger and about 150lbs of stuff in the trunk. He was by himself. Had vanity plate that read godzilla. Does a tune and cai and exhaust do anything?"

so you're admitting drag racing your car, and endangering the life of your passenger, let alone anyone else on the road??

litig8r187
07-16-11, 01:37 AM
so, 75 is a felony. unless you have money, then 150 it's just fine and dandy.

These threads alway seem to go this way, as if because of some stranger's post is going force the OP to have some sort of epiphany and change his driving styles. fyi, it ain't happening.

Nope! 75 is not a felony by any stretch and the 150 didn't simply "go away". What I said was "we worked it out". It ended up costing him close to a grand but we did keep the points off his record which was his main concern. I work plea bargains every day on everything from speeding tickets to murder cases. The handful we don't work out, I try. About 10-15 a year. I tend to focus my efforts on the more serious case though like killers, child molesters and drug dealers. In light of those, speeding doesn't really get my blood boiling.

neuronbob
07-16-11, 07:44 AM
Um, hello OP, radar detector? My V1 detector is a ticket-saver. I admit that I drive in a spirited manner on the road. Nothing above 80, though, except on a long/empty on-ramp, then I scrub the speed quickly. Yes, I'm a wimp, and thankfully most cops around here are more interested in actual crime. :)

Knock on wood, no tickets yet in the V. In fact, my last ticket was for doing 28 in a 25 as I was bringing my son home from the hospital after his birth five years ago...sore wife and brand new baby in the car at the time.....in a local suburb well known for its speed traps. Jeez.

M5eater
07-16-11, 08:42 AM
Nope! 75 is not a felony by any stretch and the 150 didn't simply "go away". What I said was "we worked it out". It ended up costing him close to a grand but we did keep the points off his record which was his main concern. I work plea bargains every day on everything from speeding tickets to murder cases. The handful we don't work out, I try. About 10-15 a year. I tend to focus my efforts on the more serious case though like killers, child molesters and drug dealers. In light of those, speeding doesn't really get my blood boiling.
$1000 means how much to a multi-millionare with a ferrari?
It went away sir. :P

DrumStix
07-16-11, 09:26 AM
$1000 means how much to a multi-millionare with a ferrari?
It went away sir. :P

Ding ding ding. The Litigator held court right on the curb and "it went away." That legal? lol.

shade
07-16-11, 10:01 AM
I don't wanna incriminate but I got you all beat. But it was then, this is now. No tickets in the V. (knock, knock)

Statute of limitations..speak up already

shade
07-16-11, 10:02 AM

Damn come prosecute in AZ. Replace some of these yahoo's who will go to trial for throwing gum on the ground. Piss ants

550HP STSV
07-16-11, 11:22 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77896&stc=1&d=1310829724

The Tony Show
07-16-11, 11:32 AM
Just as a reminder, the site owner does not endorse or condone any illegal activity or discussion of illegal activity. These type of conversations always devolve into discussion about breaking the law or negative remarks about LEOs, and we're not going there. Threads regarding anything illegal (yes, that includes speeding) get shut down pretty fast around here as a result.

Sorry. Don't mean to be a killjoy, but keep the high speed driving discussion limited to track stories.