: lack of 425 parts

cadillacdeville
10-19-04, 03:22 AM
I have a 1977 deville with the 425 its a great car and I wouldn't give it up for the world however I like to work on my own car improving the performance and looks of it but I have recently noticed that there are very, very, few "Performance parts" for the 425 only thing I have found is an MSD dist and a cam which I'm satisfied with the Stock HEI so I won't bother with it. now the question has been posted a thousand times about the Edelbrock manifold but I'm not throwing down $250 for a manifold unless I've seen some pics or heard from someone who has actually put one on a 425. also those headers on ebay for 125-150$ look nice and I would love to have a set but I can't find out if they fit with the stock Y pipe or if they'll even fit in the stock engine compartment so any help in locating some performance parts or any parts from old caddys that would boost the power would be most welcomed and appreciated

lux hauler
10-19-04, 11:08 AM
The Edelbrock will fit but for street performance the stock 472/500 intake may better fit your needs.....check out the thread on here about cheap 425 performance improvements.
As for the chrome headers......if they are the block hugger headers that dump straight down.....they won't work in your chassis nor will they work with a stock exhaust system.