: New Cadillac Owner

katyapaetzold
07-15-11, 01:17 PM
Hey Guys! Im new to the site and also just got my first Cadillac a few months ago. It is a 2002 Cadillac Seville STS with the N*. Im 19 and young and my dream car is a CTS V so with my income, this was the closest thing I could get. Me, being young and stupid got it with 150,000 miles on it. It was a good price but I have had to made several repairs. Sorry for the dragging on so here is the point. I'm looking for some advise on how to keep it up so I can have this car (and it be reliable) for a few years until I can get a NEW car. I love it sooo much but am getting concerned with the repairs I have had to do:
1: All the bolts on the oil pan were loose causing it to leak oil (and i still think it burns oil)
2: Upper Radiator hose
3: Water pump pulleys and belt
4: New Radiator
And last week this happened: I had been driving and had parked the car. When I got back into it i turned it on and when i pressed on the break to put it in gear the breaks felt weird (stiff) I put it in gear anyways and when i stepped on the gas nothing happened, didn't rev the engine or anything. so I put it in park and turned it off, worked the breaks a bit and turned it back on. Every thing was fine like nothing had happened. After driving a few minutes my check electrical system and traction control lights came on. When I got home I realized that my break lights were stuck on. We changed the stop light switch (not sure proper name) but then found out that it's the stop light switch retainer that was broken. I am going to be getting the part and making the repair today.(so wish me luck) I have read that having bulbs out will make those two lights come on so will fixing this make those turn back off? Im looking for any help you can give me including routine maintenance and what the best fluids to use are, best spark plugs ect., any tricks. ANYTHING lol thanks sorry this is so long

chazglenn3
07-15-11, 01:40 PM
Congrats on your new car! This forum is for the 2005+ STS...check further down and post in the Eldorado/Seville forum for your year car.