: Recomendations on 100K maint?

Chubbilicious420
07-15-11, 11:35 AM
GMPP warranty is up in 1,5xx miles or on Sept 11. After 1 new rear diff and 3 radios, and countless other things for free, the free ride is over. What should I replace. I just replaced the accessory belt, flush and fill. Rear diff was replaced at 52,000 miles (I hope they did not reuse the fluids, a friend of mine did it at the local dealership). Rear diff bushings replaced at 95,000 (clunk gone, kudos to my friend, he did it without me even asking). Coolant flushed at 90,000 (on me). Fuel filter recently. Putting on some old Eagle F1s I bought a few years back for $200 as we speak. BTW I ran Hankook latest gen evos and they way outperform the previous 2 sets of PS2s that lasted 20,000 miles at most. Hankook is the best all around tire I have ever run. Almost wish I did not have cheap paid for tires in the basement. Got them from a buddy that totalled his wifes 05 Steatlth Grey with a bald set of F1s. He was getting ready to swap out tires. Doesnt need them now, to my benefit. He fared well. Replaced it with an 09 M5 to boot.
My questions:
1 Can I replace the plug wires. I dont plan on replacing the coils unless I cant buy them seperately. I plan on buying from Luke if possible. What wires and what cost can I expect.
2 When should I replace the timing belt/chain. I would hope chain. Brand recomendations. Single roller.
3 Would it be a good time to do a ucc Fly wheel when I pull the chain.
4 Any other recomendations?????

thanks in advance.
I love this car and plan to keep it till it blows up. I change the oil @ 5 to 6K intervals and rarely use oil. Car is tight with one rattle in the area of the clutch pedal which I cant figure out. Ratlle acts up intermitantly and not very often. Rattle is worse in the winter

Current mods. GM twin spokes, cross drilled GMPP rotors, magna flow, x-pipe, drop in K&N, all in a Stealth Grey/ Black interior package.
PS going to Mn and Canada, will be a while before I can respond. No cell phones or web (its a good thing)

GDPossehl
07-15-11, 12:23 PM
I'd do all the fluids with the exception of those already done (coolant in your case). Plugs and wires if still stock.

If you're up for the work or willing to spend the money a new timing chain couldn't hurt... but at that point you may as well put a cam in it while you've got it apart.

My feeling on the rest is that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

mstrjon32
07-15-11, 01:13 PM
I wouldn't even bother with the timing chain. I've driven multiple cars to 200K and not had a timing chain problem. If it were a belt it may be a different story...

kj362006
07-15-11, 01:44 PM
If you are a perfectionist like i am it would be a good time for shocks and struts at 100K, i even replaced the coil springs. Since i don't have to pay for labor it was dirt cheap and it rides like new.

rand49er
07-15-11, 02:58 PM
1 Can I replace the plug wires. I dont plan on replacing the coils unless I cant buy them seperately. I plan on buying from Luke if possible. What wires and what cost can I expect.
2 When should I replace the timing belt/chain. I would hope chain. Brand recomendations. Single roller.
3 Would it be a good time to do a ucc Fly wheel when I pull the chain.
4 Any other recomendations?????1. I'd do plugs and maybe wires, too.
2. Timing chain probably has another 50k in it. It's your call and your $.
3. TC is in the front, FW is in the back. ANY time is a good time to do a UUC FW.
4. For sure, replace the clutch fluid. What about the cabin air filter, engine air filter, fuel filter, fuel system flush, trans fluid, power steering fluid, brake fluid, ... ?

RADEoN
07-15-11, 07:14 PM
new engine

UnsafeAtAnySpd
07-16-11, 10:31 AM
Let me know if you want to go with the UUC flywheel. I have one brand new still in the wrapping.

Chubbilicious420
07-24-11, 05:57 PM
1. I'd do plugs and maybe wires, too.
2. Timing chain probably has another 50k in it. It's your call and your $.
3. TC is in the front, FW is in the back. ANY time is a good time to do a UUC FW.
4. For sure, replace the clutch fluid. What about the cabin air filter, engine air filter, fuel filter, fuel system flush, trans fluid, power steering fluid, brake fluid, ... ?
If its a chain, will wait. I would hope for no less than a chain in a drivers car. Dont want to do a cam, got a C5 with that, I prefer stock V, no need for fly wheel. I called Luke the other day on plug wires. As for as #4, all that has been taken care of. I hope to keep this car to 200K. My wife has an 11 550xi and the V out drives her "ultimate over-engineered machine" any day of the week. Thanks for the replys gentleman.