: Rear Air Bags Falling Down when Windows Open

SevillianSTS
07-15-11, 12:14 PM
Dealer says there is no "recall" for the rear airbags falling down when driving with windows down at highway speeds.

What is involved in fixing this, new parts ? or just modify what is in there ?

Just wanted to ask now before I start looking at it and break off some plastic tabs or something... and not to mention airbags are a little creepy to handle when they are still plugged into the car.

Thanks,
Brandon

EdmundGTP
07-15-11, 04:10 PM
You talking about the air bags themselves? or just the rear pillar panels that cover them up? The pillar panels coming free is a fairly common problem.

DougNuts
07-15-11, 07:31 PM
You talking about the air bags themselves? or just the rear pillar panels that cover them up? The pillar panels coming free is a fairly common problem.

How do we fix it?

SevillianSTS
07-15-11, 11:29 PM
yes the panels, from what I saw it looked like the airbag was attached to it. Anyways, how do we fix it ?
Thanks.

Houdini
07-16-11, 09:51 AM
This is a very common problem. I believe there is something in the faq on this and the fix has to do with washers. When mine did this, the dealer knew what it was instantly and replaced both sail panels no questions asked under warranty.

SevillianSTS
07-16-11, 03:35 PM
I'm not having any luck finding this in the FAQ, any other help ??? I still have GM powertrain warranty, and an outside extended warranty... but that has a deductible. Anything I can do to fix this, or does it require NEW parts ???

Thanks again.

SevillianSTS
07-16-11, 04:00 PM
found the topic. was calling it an air bag when it was listed under "rear pillar sail"

darkman
07-16-11, 04:50 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/203675-how-remove-interior-sail-panel.html#post2655817

perfect
07-17-11, 01:36 PM
I finally gave up and superglued a small portion of my broken sail panel yesterday. I hope that this will stop it from flapping in the wind.