: Very POSITIVE Experience with KDI

Domsz06
07-15-11, 09:06 AM
So everyone I just wanted to put a HUGE SHOUT OUT to KDI. Part of the reason it took so long is a bit of a story, but in a nut shell from a high level, here is what happened.

Had blower shipped to KDI to be ported.

The blower arrived damaged. Something had gone through the blower and there was nick in the rotor pack Debris had struck the case and it appears that I was very lucky to have taken the blower off to have this work done before there was a catastrophic failure.

The porter indicated he could easily fix the rotor pack and made an attempt to port the blower. When it shipped back, none of us were satisfied that with the "fix" or the porting work. It seemed he was in over his head and pretty much threw in the towel. Keith and Damon mentioned that none of this work was up to their standard, instructions were not followed and that was the end of the road for this porter.

KDI purchased a brand new blower so we could get this right and get my car back up, though I never pressured them in any way to do so. No matter how the damage occurred, they wanted me to be completely satisfied with the results, no matter what. Phxtriode over nighted a new blower from GM and my existing blower to Keith who in turn reached out to someone he trusts very much we started from scratch. This porter is very reliable and has a ton of experience and is also 20 minutes away. Having local control will greatly enhance enhance the quality of the end product. Also, when we originally sent the blower to KDI, the fuel rail was left on the blower and that porter complained about it. When shipped back form the original porter, he left the fuel rail on the blower and it was crushed. Instead of waiting for a claim to be paid be UPS, KDI also over nighted me a new fuel rail, free of charge.

With both blowers on hand now, KDI replaced my rotor pack with a BRAND NEW PACK (again free of charge)

Sent back to G-Force with a brand new port job and Mike commented that the blower looked M***F**KING AMAZING and 1000% better.

Now you know the rest of the story. KDI are stand up guys and really go above and beyond to get things done right and amazing!

Thanks guys, you all rock! Keep up the GREAT WORK and lets get these v's moving!! :)

Rabbitctsv
07-15-11, 09:42 AM
They are good dudes, they have a lot of knowledge on the V's , I can always call and have a hour conversation about anything, great dudes. Next blower will be done threw them,

Domsz06
07-15-11, 10:04 AM
Yup i get calls/txts/emails all the time. Very good communication.

cbloveday
07-15-11, 10:12 AM
Damn,

I need to send some damaged stuff to KDI. :)

Nice to hear your experience was good. I have spoke to Damon several times on an unrelated matter and got the same customer service as you.

GTPprix
07-15-11, 11:54 AM
Freakin awesome, I see a LOT of this from these guys :)

hlantin
07-15-11, 12:12 PM
great to hear about your experience and the positive outcome!! these guys are great! how long were you without your car?

Domsz06
07-15-11, 04:34 PM
Man the blower is sweet! Picked it up and drove it, it just screams!! You can really tell the boost difference under the curve!!

Umrswimr
07-15-11, 04:49 PM
Very cool. How much does that porting cost?

Umrswimr
07-15-11, 04:49 PM
Man the blower is sweet! Picked it up and drove it, it just screams!! You can really tell the boost difference under the curve!!

Double freakin' post.

DrumStix
07-15-11, 11:47 PM
Very cool. How much does that porting cost?

We'll know more next week after some discussions and will post it up on our site. The cool thing is this is thing will build a lot of power and you can swap it out in your garage in an hour or so. Not many mods will compare dollar invested per horsepower and amount of labor required to make the change.

Junkie414
07-16-11, 02:39 PM
Already have a ported snout but for sure interested in the ported blower.

Domsz06
07-16-11, 03:57 PM
Already have a ported snout but for sure interested in the ported blower.

I really suggest it, the increased boost is so fun! :D

Junkie414
07-16-11, 05:19 PM
I really suggest it, the increased boost is so fun! :D

With my heads/cam/ported snout/10" lower setup we've seen 631rw without nitrous. Id love to see 640-650 with no nitrous, then 750+ on the hose

DrumStix
07-16-11, 09:28 PM
Junkie, we can probably drastically improve on your entire port, snout included. I am already making more power that you indicate on pump and I have stock heads. Not trying to sound over the top, I just think there's more in there.

Drum

Junkie414
07-16-11, 09:32 PM
Junkie, we can probably drastically improve on your entire port, snout included. I am already making more power that you indicate on pump and I have stock heads. Not trying to sound over the top, I just think there's more in there.

Drum

PM sent

DrumStix
07-17-11, 12:41 AM
Got it. Thanks.

Busabob
07-17-11, 02:01 PM
I'm really impressed with the D in KDI, in a brief chat with him about what he's done with his car and the results it's obvious he's passionate and has figured out some unique mods and tuning strategies for the V.

Bob

DrumStix
07-18-11, 01:19 AM
Just wait until you meet the K in October, lol.

Hopefully you're getting everything you need, Bob.

dvandentop
07-20-11, 10:39 PM
very good to hear they backed you up in a crappy time of need it sounds like

Domsz06
07-21-11, 09:01 AM
very good to hear they backed you up in a crappy time of need it sounds like

KDI was great!

Busabob
07-21-11, 12:01 PM
Just wait until you meet the K in October, lol.

Hopefully you're getting everything you need, Bob.

Looking forward to meeting you. I've got a heat exchanger and some headers sitting in my office my guys have no time to install. Think I'm going to go with the HV pump for the exchanger too. Then I don't know what's next, injectors? Port and polish blower? Bigger TB? Need to consultm with you gurus or speed.....

PhxTriode
07-21-11, 12:23 PM
Busa,

Swing by next week and we can do some logging and may point us in the right direction on your next mod

Rule12b
07-21-11, 08:32 PM
Where is KDI located?

DrumStix
07-22-11, 12:49 AM
Phoenix and Raleigh

cbloveday
07-22-11, 12:53 AM
I am doing some logging right now. If you get my drift.

Domsz06
07-23-11, 09:54 PM
i just came up on some problems. Now we can see how a vendor is after the sale is made when a problem happens.

I'm sure it will be nothing short of first class!!

shade
07-24-11, 02:04 AM
AHAHAHAHAH Damon and Keith are sneaky guys

PhxTriode
07-24-11, 01:23 PM
it already is we went thru everything on the phone and I just ended up getting more go fast goodies from them.

It will be a classy beast when we are done. Lets be clear though, the extra goodies were what you wanted to do all along :-)

PhxTriode
07-24-11, 01:25 PM
AHAHAHAHAH Damon and Keith are sneaky guys

Shade, are you coming by this week for a demo?

DrumStix
07-24-11, 03:24 PM

You might glance in the trunk while you're there if it's later in the week. ;)

cbloveday
07-24-11, 03:47 PM
You might glance in the trunk while you're there if it's later in the week. ;)

Hmmm,

You got some junk in the trunk? :)

shade
07-26-11, 01:22 PM

Yeah I'll swing by this week probably Friday...Damn auditors up my ass all week...then I have to look in your trunk...Whoa now

haterinc
07-26-11, 01:47 PM
what's in the boot mate? icebox? meth? hoffa?

PhxTriode
07-26-11, 02:04 PM
Maybe all three, well 2 the meth is up front.

New goodie shipped yesterday from the fabricator and as soon as I get it I wil post some pictures

cbloveday
07-26-11, 02:30 PM
:pop2:

haterinc
07-26-11, 02:42 PM
Maybe all three, well 2 the meth is up front.

New goodie shipped yesterday from the fabricator and as soon as I get it I wil post some pictures

maybe its that Fn NEP heat shield lmao

DrumStix
07-26-11, 04:20 PM
No, much "cooler", lol.

Busabob
07-26-11, 05:06 PM
Busa,

Swing by next week and we can do some logging and may point us in the right direction on your next mod

If I can ever slow down at work, we're SLAMMED. (I shouldn't complain)

PhxTriode
07-26-11, 05:44 PM
I hear ya, Im here 13hrs a day so when ever...

haterinc
07-26-11, 06:27 PM
No, much "cooler", lol.

I'm in KY right now so if it's not me then it's an ice box!

cbloveday
07-26-11, 08:56 PM
Ahhh, the Bluegrass State. Home of Kentucky Wildcats.

PhxTriode
07-26-11, 10:49 PM
Hmmm what could this be??

DrumStix
07-26-11, 11:28 PM
Hmmm. A sealed system in an ice box maybe, with 50 feet of coiled hose in 6 gallons of ice water?

I heard it fits in the spare tire well and you will the box with ice water but the coolant system remains uninterrupted. With this design you don't need to dump your entire system, refill it and burp it each time you go to the track and need to add new ice. When you are done, just empty the tank and roll on. Am I right so far?

cbloveday
07-27-11, 12:15 AM
I thought it was a place to relieve myself. JK
Would love to see the rest.

PhxTriode
07-27-11, 12:26 AM
Only pics I have are from the fabricator. When it arrives I will take higher quality ones

cbloveday
07-27-11, 12:28 AM
Can't wait. I may have to mount it on the roof. Running out of space back there. :)

DrumStix
07-27-11, 12:34 AM
Too much junk in your trunk?

serturbo
07-27-11, 02:46 AM
Any estimate of when this will be ready?

cbloveday
07-27-11, 07:30 AM
Too much junk in your trunk?

you know it. :)

DrumStix
07-27-11, 09:35 AM
Any estimate of when this will be ready?

We can have them in a week. The lines take a little longer but not too bad.

serturbo
07-27-11, 12:54 PM
We can have them in a week. The lines take a little longer but not too bad.

Nice. I can't wait to see some pix of the install.

DrumStix
07-27-11, 01:20 PM
And the IAT numbers over time. That is important and solution should work out quite a bit better than one with recirculating the ice water directly through the HX. In test on some Cobras with 30 lbs of ice recirculating through the HX, starting at 54 degree IATS, the ice melted in 35 minutes on the drive to the track. Pulling up to the staging lanes IATS climbed to 151 degrees. That was all in 35 minutes. I guess having a tank of water in the trunk with that much volume did not allow the HX to remove enough heat and temps soared. This meant the coolant had to be dumped, ice re-added, the system burped and quite a bit to get all of the air back out. Not much fun or very productive.

Recirculating the coolant through ice allows you to dump and amount you want at any time, re-add ice and make another pass. The isolation of the coolant should also keep it more in check as the normal about of coolant plus what is in the lines is all that is being circulated. With our pump, the coolant can easily be pushed to the trunk and back.

Another benefit is that you can run your coolant mix all of the time and don't need to dump your 50/50 to add just ice water for the track to the entire system. Ours is sealed so the the car will always be ready for a 30 degree day or below day with less impact to your wallet or the environment.

cbloveday
07-27-11, 03:00 PM
That sounds like alot of work........................ Just spray the biatch. :)

Domsz06
07-27-11, 03:07 PM
That sounds like alot of work........................ Just spray the biatch. :)

no tuning required with an ice box though, so it's super easy :D

serturbo
07-27-11, 03:32 PM
no tuning required with an ice box though, so it's super easy :D

This is one of the reasons why this mod is perfect for me.

DrumStix
07-27-11, 04:45 PM
All interesting points. Ice is pretty cheap and you can still spray it.

Domsz06
07-27-11, 05:03 PM
All interesting points. Ice is pretty cheap and you can still spray it.

Good point! ;)