: 94 SLS oil change computer reset./ torques

Rob Benham
10-19-04, 02:08 AM
Just a couple of quick ones for 94 SLS. I can't remember how to reset the oil warning on the display, now that I have changed the oil and filter.

Also, the ******** at a quick ???? place, tightened the sump (sorry pan ) drain plug so that it took a cold chisel and heat to get it out. It was a well made part with an inserted o ring. I understand that the average shop does not want to hear that their oil is lubricating a bend on a highway somewhere, but that tight into aluminum!!! What is a sensible torque figure.. Thanks, RB

TexasETC
10-19-04, 04:11 PM
Reset Procedure: Press INFO button to display "Oil life index"... Press and hold RESET button until "100 % oil life left" is displayed.
Torque spec for oil pan drain plug is 15 ft/lb. (20 n.m.).

Rob Benham
10-19-04, 11:37 PM
Thanks, all done. It was still 100 F down in the valley, a tad hot to work, but I drilled the plug and wire locked it aircraft style...just in case.

I guessed that the torque would be something like that, so the 200 or so that I probably achieved with my foot on a 14" ring spanner and my shoulder against the wheel gave me a hint that it was a little too tight.

peteski
10-20-04, 01:54 AM
Ahhh.. the benefits of air driven impact tools...
:lildevil:

The quick lube place probably used it to tighten your drain plug. :cookoo:

Peteski