: Issue with Lloyd "V" Embroidered mats i received from an online seller

MrMaschine
07-14-11, 11:34 PM
I ordered a complete set of these mats from a seller on Ebay and they came today. I love the embroidery but the carpet color is a horrible match. I selected Ebony but the mats i received are not in any way a dark charcoal/black ,

the mats are a med to dark gray and have a green hue to them which looks awful when installed. I have them now sitting in my trunk with embarrassment. I contacted the seller and said no returns since they were
special ordered.

Can anyone here shed some light on this carpet color discrepancy?

cbloveday
07-14-11, 11:45 PM
I ordered my Lloyds Truberber mats from our forum Vendor Auto Pride Concepts.

I had no issues with color or quality. I would order again from them. Do yours look like these?

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/DSC_0397.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/DSC_0399.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/DSC_0400.jpg

http://www.autoprideconcepts.com/lloyd_mats.htm#TruBerber

MrMaschine
07-14-11, 11:57 PM
cbloveday my mats look nothing like yours, yours seem to be a think cut pile mine seem more plush but from the photos your color looks to match. I have to snap a photo of mine to show others, mine suck. Whats the best way to post a photo on here?

I think I might call Lloyd and have them send me a color sample chart so i can pick before i order again.

MrMaschine
07-14-11, 11:58 PM
also my embroidery is in the center of the mat i like yours much better

baabootoo
07-15-11, 12:16 AM
I hope you gave him negative feedback then.

cbloveday
07-15-11, 12:19 AM
also my embroidery is in the center of the mat i like yours much better

I requested the embroidery on the side so it would be less subject to dirt. It was an option.

cbloveday
07-15-11, 12:21 AM
cbloveday my mats look nothing like yours, yours seem to be a think cut pile mine seem more plush but from the photos your color looks to match. I have to snap a photo of mine to show others, mine suck. Whats the best way to post a photo on here?
I think I might call Lloyd and have them send me a color sample chart so i can pick before i order again.

I use photobucket to post my photos.

GMX322V S/C
07-15-11, 03:22 AM
I ordered a complete set of these mats from a seller on Ebay and they came today. I love the embroidery but the carpet color is a horrible match. I selected Ebony but the mats i received are not in any way a dark charcoal/black ,

the mats are a med to dark gray and have a green hue to them which looks awful when installed. I have them now sitting in my trunk with embarrassment. I contacted the seller and said no returns since they were
special ordered.

Can anyone here shed some light on this carpet color discrepancy?I have a 2009 with Ebony interior. I ordered my Lloyd's custom mats from the forum vendor back in late '08, in Ebony. Black was also available, but Ebony matches my interior carpeting better, which sounds like it appears as you described. Black would have contrasted.

neuronbob
07-15-11, 05:45 AM
I also purchased Lloyd's mats from AutoPride (our forum vendor) and they are great! Mine look like Curtis' but with the V 90 degrees from his.

M5eater
07-15-11, 08:39 AM
So the consensus is Ebony is the factory carpet match then, despite the OPs experience?

I requested the embroidery on the side so it would be less subject to dirt. It was an option.

Pics installed? Trying to assess if it's visable or not being on the side.

Rabbitctsv
07-15-11, 08:58 AM
i also ordered Lloyd mats for my 96 impala and they were $hit looked like crap and looked as if it was stitched by a 9 year old. It was a " Lloyd mat vendor" i contacted Lloyd and spoke with a nice lady by the name of Cindy ( it was 4 years ago ) and Send my mats into them, They told me that the mats were never produced by Lloyd nor did they give the " vendor" the ok to make cheep knock offs. Lloyd sent me a new set made from them and the set i received was 100% , looked better, made better, color was right on. So at the end of the day, I might of saved a little money going to Ebay but you take a risk of getting " Cheep knockoffs " check the feed back and call Lloyd if you think there is knock offs with there name on them, I want a set and keep looking on bay, but everyone selling Lioyd mats all look diff, so I have not pulled the trigger yet.

js615
07-15-11, 09:18 AM
Not to pile on (sorry, carpet pun), but I have the ebony, deep pile, V logo mats that I purchased via Amazon from an authorized Lloyd vendor - they match excellent and are top quality.

Kadonny
07-15-11, 09:19 AM
So the consensus is Ebony is the factory carpet match then, despite the OPs experience?

Pics installed? Trying to assess if it's visable or not being on the side.

Here are mine.

(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6138/5939546677_cfb3d78cac_m.jpg)

cbloveday
07-15-11, 09:34 AM
When you open the door the logo pops right out at you.

Also, the logo will not get as dirty being under your heal all the time.

Also if you ever decide to install a heal plate, it will not cover up the logo.

Sorry I do not have photos of them in the car.

cruiser68
07-15-11, 09:41 AM
I also got the Lloyd mats. Ebony is pretty darn close to a color match. I also had the V logo against the door sill. I think it looks much better on the side. Had to special request the side logo. Going to order an embroidered trunk mat pretty soon also.

theamcguy
07-15-11, 10:15 AM
If you really want to protect your carpet then the Weather Tech carpet shields are the way to go. No logo but these "mats" are really a molded piece of ABS plastic that drops in in place of the mat. They cover the entire area from door sill to console. They even curve up the sides and protect the sides of the front and rear carpet.

M5eater
07-15-11, 10:44 AM
Here are mine.

(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6138/5939546677_cfb3d78cac_m.jpg)

nice, thanks, looks perfect right there

Torxila
07-15-11, 11:48 AM

special ordered.

Can anyone here shed some light on this carpet color discrepancy?

Mashine,
I take it you ordered the "LuxoMat" type? I have the LuxoMat type with The "V" logo by the door sill as well as the LOGO trunk mat from Lloyd at AutoPride. Mine ALSO have a greenish hue to them but my car is EVO Green with the Safron/Ebony Recaros. I love the look! People who have seen my particular mat combo think it's amazing they "got" a greenish hue to them. If you have any other exterior color though I agree with you, it would look a little funky. Did you order yours from Autopride? Just call Lloyd.

Regards,
George

EVIL_C5
07-15-11, 08:33 PM
I got mine from auto pride and they are also a greenish grey and not black/ebony.

MrMaschine
07-15-11, 08:42 PM
my seller is no longer a registered user. I really just want the mats to match the shade the green hue looks horrible if you ask me

EVIL_C5
07-15-11, 09:40 PM
I agree