: 2011 D3 Competition Sway bars, Who has them and can comment on em?

MrMaschine
07-15-11, 12:07 AM
I received mine the other day yet the shop has not made an attempt to install them. They said its a massive
job mostly up front which will cost a bundle to install. Local dealer quotes me over $1200 to install the sway bars and I am
thinking twice about this now. Be honest is it worth the expense of this labor?

How many guys here have them and whats the deal with the install? Any tips i can pass along to the my
installer? There were no detailed instructions with the parts which surprised me.

In regards to driving feedback how much of an improvement did they make to justify the expense and labor? Be specific please.

thanks

MrMaschine
07-15-11, 12:21 AM
from what the dealer and install shop told me the entire front subframe has to come down,engine mounts removed, plumbing, electrical lines and the engine supported above, it looks like a total nightmare and if something goes wrong its going to be costly an d annoying to rectify.

baabootoo
07-15-11, 01:17 AM
If you decide to get rid of them, I'll take just the rear then........ :)

Dr. Design
07-15-11, 07:29 PM
Hello,
No that doesnt seem right. Have them give us a call and we will walk them through the install. There are ways you can snake the bar through the lines and such. Install really isnt too bad, especially for the performance gains you get back in return.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

from what the dealer and install shop told me the entire front subframe has to come down,engine mounts removed, plumbing, electrical lines and the engine supported above, it looks like a total nightmare and if something goes wrong its going to be costly an d annoying to rectify.

MrMaschine
07-15-11, 09:47 PM
Hello,
No that doesnt seem right. Have them give us a call and we will walk them through the install. There are ways you can snake the bar through the lines and such. Install really isnt too bad, especially for the performance gains you get back in return.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Hi D3 the shop did call your shop and spoke to a guy and they didnt seem any more comfortable doing the job. Your tech said to the shop after 6 or more times you do it the job goes alot smoother. I dropped by the
dealer tonight and the shop foreman and manager said they wont touch the job unless they input in the computer of warranty void.
granted i would love the benefits but my car is leased and I am not sure its worth all this trouble. Im gonna kick this around over
the weekend some more

by the way your Competition Springs are AWESOME, I love them glad I waited for these.

Luna.
07-16-11, 12:53 AM
I have them and very much like them. Granted, the installation of the fronts suck as compared to the rear, but I love how they lessen the desire to list.

haterinc
07-16-11, 02:08 AM
I'll take em off your hands

hlantin
05-01-12, 05:40 PM
I received mine the other day yet the shop has not made an attempt to install them. They said its a massive
job mostly up front which will cost a bundle to install. Local dealer quotes me over $1200 to install the sway bars and I am
thinking twice about this now. Be honest is it worth the expense of this labor?

How many guys here have them and whats the deal with the install? Any tips i can pass along to the my
installer? There were no detailed instructions with the parts which surprised me.

In regards to driving feedback how much of an improvement did they make to justify the expense and labor? Be specific please.

thanks

Did you get these installed?

For those that are on the fence about these, they are amazing!! I just got my car back from D3 for comp springs/sway bar install and the difference is night and day. The car feels tighter all around and more confident on the turns.

Rule12b
05-01-12, 07:17 PM
I LOVE mine. The install cost seems way out of line.

Greg_D3
05-01-12, 08:24 PM
The install is not that bad as they make it seem, if any one has a install question feel free to have them contact me personally.