: Furious with dealer!!

calherc1
07-14-11, 10:11 PM
I can't help but vent. Some of you may find this trivial, but: So, I just purchased my dream black CTS-V a couple weeks ago. After learning of a few TSB's, I decided to drop it off at my local dealer for the rear end fluid change and air bag recall. Note: I spent 3 days detailing it to nearly perfect......I'm anal that way. Anyway just as I'm about to leave I tell the service writer "MAKE SURE YOU DON'T WASH IT" He acknowledged and said okay. Sure enough I pick it up today and immediately notice it is covered with baked in Southern California water spots, door jambs and all. To say I was furious would be an understatement. And based on my analness, I don't want them to detail for me. Just needed to vent.

JimmyH
07-14-11, 10:21 PM
I always tell the dealer do not wash. So far they have always followed that direction.

Razorecko
07-14-11, 10:21 PM
buy silver. No matter how hard you try to protect that black car it will get jacked up sooner or later. Buy silver or find a really good detail/polish guy

cbloveday
07-14-11, 10:34 PM
My guy puts a sign in the car. Never had an issue.

calherc1
07-14-11, 10:35 PM
buy silver. No matter how hard you try to protect that black car it will get jacked up sooner or later. Buy silver or find a really good detail/polish guy

I'm a glutton for punishment, I always get black. I am the really good detail/polish guy, that's why I'm so mad. Oh well, I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

Razorecko
07-14-11, 10:52 PM
sucks too because the black paint is sooooooooooooooo crappy. Do not take a heavy halogen light to your V at night. The disparity in color thickness will make you queasy.

Caddy Wagon
07-14-11, 10:55 PM
You will definitely need to make a sign for it next time you take it in.

Anabolicz
07-14-11, 10:59 PM
I can't help but vent. Some of you may find this trivial, but: So, I just purchased my dream black CTS-V a couple weeks ago. After learning of a few TSB's, I decided to drop it off at my local dealer for the rear end fluid change and air bag recall. Note: I spent 3 days detailing it to nearly perfect......I'm anal that way. Anyway just as I'm about to leave I tell the service writer "MAKE SURE YOU DON'T WASH IT" He acknowledged and said okay. Sure enough I pick it up today and immediately notice it is covered with baked in Southern California water spots, door jambs and all. To say I was furious would be an understatement. And based on my analness, I don't want them to detail for me. Just needed to vent.

Made me laugh, lol.

smackdownCTSV
07-14-11, 11:32 PM
And that's pretty much why I didn not want to go with black again.

e6t
07-14-11, 11:35 PM
im confident that most of the ppl that worked on my car cant read.

Domsz06
07-15-11, 12:42 AM
put the sign in the dash/seat etc, and that has been the best success for people I have seen.

smackdownCTSV
07-15-11, 12:49 AM
Make sure the sign is neon. And flashes.

Razorecko
07-15-11, 01:00 AM
No, i'm serious. DO NOT HALOGEN YOUR BLACK CAR,lol. I dont remember the paint diameter thickness readings i got but I know they were nothing to be happy about.

DrumStix
07-15-11, 01:01 AM
And that's pretty much why I didn not want to go with black again.

But I thought once you.....

Nevermind

Domsz06
07-15-11, 01:11 AM

Nevermind

ha ha ha!! :D

smackdownCTSV
07-15-11, 01:26 AM
Never going back!

cbloveday
07-15-11, 01:28 AM

Nevermind

Brown Sugar :)

M5eater
07-15-11, 08:54 AM
No, i'm serious. DO NOT HALOGEN YOUR BLACK CAR,lol. I dont remember the paint diameter thickness readings i got but I know they were nothing to be happy about.

I don't need a haolgen to nearly throw up.

the 4 paint chips on my 2800 mile V, 2 of which go to the metal are enough . Clear bra really covers up the metallic though, so I can't bring myself to put it on there.

cbloveday
07-15-11, 10:44 AM
Ya the bra can be problematic in itself.

Mike 09 V
07-15-11, 11:53 AM
I take mine in dirty and the dealer crew nearly details the car. Makes me happy. (Lund Cadillac)

cbloveday
07-15-11, 12:00 PM
Relax, you'll live longer.

M5eater
07-15-11, 12:44 PM
Relax, you'll live longer.
I can't say I would be thrilled if they washed it, it's something I enjoy, and espically since it's an automatic car-wash, but it wouldn't be the end of the world for me if they did.. unless there were scratches or something.

That's what Detail spray is for.

Marcuse12
07-15-11, 12:49 PM
I feel your pain. I always leave a note on the dash..... What kills me the most is the micro-scratches that those automatics leave....like washing it with sandpaper.