: Saffron yellow seats in a wagon?

Squirlz
07-14-11, 08:24 PM
I was really excited to see the saffron yellow interior accents, then I learned it was a coupe-only option. I live right here where my car will be assembled. Whose string would I have to pull to get a pair of saffron-insert Recaros put into the front of my Black Diamond wagon when it gets built? Anything like a COPO still going on? Thanks for any help.

ChicagoV
07-14-11, 09:04 PM
Caddy Wagon, paging Caddy Wagon.....

Caddy Wagon
07-14-11, 11:00 PM
The salesman I dealt with was able to get my red wagon factory built with black wheels, but I think the interior change may be a different story. It took the approval of GM Marketing to get it done. Your salesman will have to have the willingness to try, and probably know the right contacts to get in touch with. If you want to order it from the guy I bought mine through, PM me and I'll get you his contact info.

Squirlz
07-15-11, 12:36 AM
The salesman I dealt with was able to get my red wagon factory built with black wheels, but I think the interior change may be a different story. It took the approval of GM Marketing to get it done. Your salesman will have to have the willingness to try, and probably know the right contacts to get in touch with. If you want to order it from the guy I bought mine through, PM me and I'll get you his contact info.

Thanks. I placed the order last Friday. I'll run it by my salesman and see if he has any ideas.

Torxila
07-15-11, 02:02 PM
Besides the safron stitching on the dash, center armrest and coupe door panel inserts, the rear seats are different in the coupe as well.
I can't see this one happening Sqirls.

George

M5eater
07-15-11, 02:34 PM
Besides the safron stitching on the dash, center armrest and coupe door panel inserts, the rear seats are different in the coupe as well.
I can't see this one happening Sqirls.

George

agreed, Wheels are one thing, The *only* thing I can see even being compatible to fit in the wagon are the front seats, and *maybe, mabye* the Dash everything else simply does not exist in the parts inventory past the front doors, and I would bet even those are slightly different, as coupe's typically have longer doors than Sedans.

Squirlz
07-15-11, 04:26 PM
That's why I'm only talking about the front seats!

M5eater
07-15-11, 04:43 PM
That's why I'm only talking about the front seats!

I hope I'm wrong, but I still think this is a long shot. The orginization required to mate a set of seats versus a set of rims seems like it would be very different.

RLJ676
07-15-11, 10:21 PM
The trim covers are likely slightly different, so starting at that level it would have to be custom made, so the whole thing would be a one off. The coupe seats are different from the wagon (easy entry).

Better bet is to get aftermarket custom trim covers from someone like Katskins. Fronts only would be under a grand, and the dealer should be able to arrange it and include it in the purchase.

Squirlz
07-16-11, 01:18 AM
Yeah, my salesman said it would have to be done through the parts department. Nothing could be done on the line. It was just a thought. Custom upholstery would probably be easier. The ebony will be just fine for now.