: Anyone go from a V2 with Recaros to one without? Reviews?

jwall09
07-14-11, 03:14 PM
I have been adjusting my Recaros since i bought this car... Considering a manual without them. I will miss air conditioned seats in Dallas heat, but i cannot seem to get them adjusted just right. Also i feel the lumbar supports to much-- not much cushion.

I had an STS-V and those seats were so comfortable but you do slide around in them... The CTS-V standard seats look like the same ones.... how do they do going around corners (not track but spirited driving).

GTPprix
07-14-11, 03:39 PM
I went from a non Recaro regular CTS to a Recaro V so I'm not sure if my input helps but my God IMHO those seats are worth every penny; I wouldn't get one without them. The seat cooler even works markedly better with the suede center sections!

cruiser68
07-14-11, 04:08 PM
Didn't have both but I drove both before I purchased. In the 15 minutes I spent driving each type of seat, there was no comparison and I went with the Recaros. I'm on the large size, 6' 240lbs, and the added support on the recaros is incredible IMO.

jwall09
07-14-11, 04:21 PM
I went from a non Recaro regular CTS to a Recaro V so I'm not sure if my input helps but my God IMHO those seats are worth every penny; I wouldn't get one without them. The seat cooler even works markedly better with the suede center sections!

Standard seats have AC also?

M5eater
07-14-11, 04:27 PM

Do they?

I thought they were heated, but not ventillated. He's talking about the suede vs leather insert recarros.

iirc standard seats are not ventillated, reccaros are.

khoeysr
07-14-11, 04:55 PM
I went from an 09 sedan with standard seats to an 11 coupe with Recaros. For me the Recaros are the only way to go.

SilveRT8
07-14-11, 05:14 PM

In the regular CTS the 'standard' seats are heated and cooled.
In the V they removed the cooling from the standard seats, so if you want cooling you got to pay extra for the Recaros, wich I did anyway after testing both.

kirbyCTSV
07-14-11, 05:30 PM
the car just doesnt look right without the sport (Recaro) seats. Def a requirement. I will say that my gf's 550i and my buddys ISF seats have better lateral support than the Recaros.

M5eater
07-14-11, 05:50 PM
the car just doesnt look right without the sport (Recaro) seats. Def a requirement. I will say that my gf's 550i and my buddys ISF seats have better lateral support than the Recaros.

I agree. Honestly it's a tell-tale of the value-priced nature of the vehicle. The V is the only super-sedan that has standard-sized non-sport seats that I can think of.

Kluch
07-14-11, 09:02 PM
I had the standard seats on a 2008 CTS and was happy with them. When I got my V, dealer did not have any with Recaro's in stock and ordering was not an option for me. I'm perfectly happy with my seats, but wish they had some v embroidery or a plaque like the recaro's do. The lateral support is not good, but for non-track spirited cornering it is more than adequate for me.

smackdownCTSV
07-14-11, 10:30 PM
I'm glad I went with the Recaro's. After sitting in the non-Recaro's at Monticello, I can see what the buzz is all about. They look more comfortable than they really are.

neuronbob
07-15-11, 06:44 AM
I'm still trying to switch to the Recaros. Not many bashed up production Vs coming up with ebony seats intact, though. :( I will make this happen someday, and without buying a new V!

David Nicholas
07-15-11, 03:09 PM
I was never able to get comfortable in the Recaros, and as this is my daily driver, I chose the standard seat.

muohio
07-16-11, 09:58 PM
Had a '08 with the regular seats and I was always sore after the 8 hour trip to Ohio. Now with the Recaros in my V, I have taken an 8 hour trip to Ohio and a second one two Orlando. Both my girlfriend and I commented that the seats felt much better and we did not any soreness in our backs.