: Faster page loading in discussion threads

Lord Cadillac
07-14-11, 11:50 AM
Since many people don't browse the rest of the community, I'll post this here as well...

I hope everyone is noticing the quicker page loads while browsing through discussion threads. In case you haven't already noticed, two large network ads have been replaced with static 300x250 pixel red boxes with white text. If we can fill these spaces with ads from our authorized vendors, it can stay this way. If not, we'll have little choice but to put the network ads back in place.

Ad images hosted on our own servers take no time to load - and - they're cached on your computer - making availability almost instantaneous. Network ads need to be pulled from an outside source - which takes much longer to load - and depends on other factors as well.

If this works, we'll look to replace other network ads in the same manner. If you know of anyone interested in possibly purchasing ad space in these locations, please let them (and/or me) know.

Thank you for your consideration...

Sal C.

Submariner409
07-14-11, 05:34 PM
Saw both posts..........Hope it all works out. Seems as if very few venture outside their little sphere of immediate interest............

Playdrv4me
07-14-11, 05:46 PM
Definitely noticed the faster page loads. Thanks.

Lord Cadillac
07-14-11, 05:59 PM
Saw both posts..........Hope it all works out. Seems as if very few venture outside their little sphere of immediate interest............

Thank you. I agree - most people don't do much looking around - so I posted this in two areas - one being the high trafficked lounge...

Definitely noticed the faster page loads. Thanks.

Thank you for letting me know! I noticed right away. I just hope some advertisers realize how valuable the spots are and buy space..

JimmyH
07-14-11, 06:15 PM
Definitely much faster. I hope this encourages more people to contribute. I love this forum, even though I don't have a Cadillac anymore, I continue to come here every day. To me, the yearly fee is well worth the entertainment and information I get. And the camaraderie.

If everyone wants this great forum to remain, kick in a little if you can. We don't want Sal to sell it. Every privately owned forum I have spent time at went down hill once Internet Brands took over.

ColK
07-14-11, 06:30 PM
I've only been visiting here for a few days but I noticed a difference in load times from when I first found the site.

RippyPartsDept
07-14-11, 06:41 PM
am I supposed to be seeing that ad?
what about the keywraps and toyota ad on the right?
and teh google adsense ad above the discussion threads?
and the blue double underline ads....

i don't think i'm supposed to be seeing those, am i?

Lord Cadillac
07-14-11, 07:05 PM
Definitely much faster. I hope this encourages more people to contribute. I love this forum, even though I don't have a Cadillac anymore, I continue to come here every day. To me, the yearly fee is well worth the entertainment and information I get. And the camaraderie.

If everyone wants this great forum to remain, kick in a little if you can. We don't want Sal to sell it. Every privately owned forum I have spent time at went down hill once Internet Brands took over.

Thank you for the feedback. I HATE slow loading pages - and since I see every ad on the site while I browse, it's important for even me to reduce the amount of ad networks on this site. Hopefully some advertisers pull through for us soon. I suppose if I don't hear anything in a few days, I'll send out a few emails...

I've only been visiting here for a few days but I noticed a difference in load times from when I first found the site.

Thank you for the feedback as well!

am I supposed to be seeing that ad?
what about the keywraps and toyota ad on the right?
and teh google adsense ad above the discussion threads?
and the blue double underline ads....

i don't think i'm supposed to be seeing those, am i?

You're DEFINITELY not supposed to see those blue links! Thank you! They're supposed to be gone for ALL Platinum supporters. I just fixed that. It was an oversight...

The KeyWraps ad to the right is an actual vendor ad - not network. Everyone sees the main Google Adsense ad as that's the only ad that really, truly keeps this place going.

As for the Toyota ad (skyscraper), that was a network ad and I just removed that as well... This all feels a little risky because I'll hate to have to bring these ads back again later...

brandondeleo
07-14-11, 09:58 PM
I have noticed slightly faster page loading as well.