: Please Help Car Accident!

TRUCLASS
07-13-11, 11:16 PM
Hey everyone, unfortunately 2 weeks ago I was rear ended in my 2003 Cadillac STS. I was at a complete stop so the other guy is getting charged and I was NOT at fault. Just got the cringing phone call today $9000 damage (I was hit by a 2011 Ford F-250 King Ranch) My Car is a write off! They said they are pre-pared to offer $9400 and thatís it. I declined and said I will be in touch. So where I stand, I bought the car 9 months ago for $10,999 with taxes $12,480 and financed it over 36 months for a total of $15,000 - $361 a month. I called the bank and I owe $8600 on the car because I put $2000 down and been paying my payments with extra money drop downs when I could. You could see why I declined the offer I would make $800!!! (Bought it with 110,000km accident at 126,000km) ... So I have done about $3000 of work in the past 9 months but donít have receipts for everything (Paid cash for things to get deals) Things I do have receipts for Ė the 3 oil changes at under 5000km an oil change $66.36 each ... tune up parts $158, crank sensors $177, tints $240, HIDís $170 so I only have receipts for $950 ... the other stuff I donít have receipts for are randomís like new tires $1300, battery $350, and labour for everything Iíve done and paid to mechanics. On a side note in 2009 my friends 2002 Cadillac Deville base model black on black with 320,000km caught on fire and was a write off... there first offer was $12,000 and he photocopied and gave me all the papers how is that possible!
So My question ... Does anyone have any advice for me in regards to getting best value for my car and counter offering with the insurance. The car was absolutely mint and my pride and joy. I worked very hard for it and am 23 years old and now at no fault of my own, taking care of the car, spending money on it with good parts, and bathing it maybe too much.. bit me in the ass. Anyways I would really appreciate everyoneís input this forum has helped me ever since I owned the car. I will be uploaded picture soon! ... Thanks!!

brandondeleo
07-13-11, 11:20 PM
That is... was a beautiful STS. So sorry... =[

Playdrv4me
07-14-11, 04:08 AM
I sure as hell wouldn't want that car fixed. I'll tell you that much. Terrible situation all around.

93DevilleUSMC
07-14-11, 04:44 AM
Man, I hope you're physically and psycologically intact. First things first, hire and retain a GOOD lawyer. Good luck replacing your car, and I hope you find something even nicer than the STS was :).

TRUCLASS
07-14-11, 06:48 AM
Thanks guys, got a lawyer and unfortunately I already have 2 major back surgeries from 5 years ago so not in good shape. Right now I'm off work and trying to take care of my Health and the last thing I want to do is stress over getting a good buck on the car but I still have to try!

maeng9981
07-14-11, 01:28 PM
Looks like you took care of the car. Can tell by the shiny exhaust tips. What a beautiful car it was. I am sorry for your loss.

gary88
07-14-11, 03:42 PM
You shouldn't expect the insurance company to add value to the car because of oil changes, general maintenance, and other small mods. I'd say getting $1599 less than what the car sold for nine months ago isn't bad.

orconn
07-14-11, 04:05 PM
Will they replace your car with a good condition Seville STS with similar miles?

ThumperPup
07-14-11, 04:11 PM
Will they replace your car with a good condition Seville STS with similar miles?

my guess they probably wont since he still have a loan on the car the insruance company wants that title to the car in there name so they will pay the Finance company directly then what ever they don't pay the OP is still on the hook for
the balance

ThumperPup
07-14-11, 04:13 PM
wonder if anyone noticed this is a double post to the OP already posted it in the Seville Eldo section of the forums

i wonder if he has told the INS company that he put new tires on the car sometimes they will give you extra if the tires are new with in 12 months atleast both State farm and Progressive have doen that for me in the past 10 years every time i total a car i get more money if the tires are newer and i can show proofe i purchased them with in a year

also i wonder if the OP is entired to taxes on the 9400 they are going to pay him or offering him in Ohio
if the Insruance company does a pay out on the car they also have to pay you taxes on that pay out