: Navigation voice

MSOsr
07-13-11, 10:11 PM
Just got a used 2011 CTS-V Coupe, built in mid 2010. The nav voice says, "Turn right at the next steet onto"....followed by another female voice, in a hurried voice "main street". Does everyone have the same voices? My 2005 CTS-V had a consistent and clear voice, as does my wife's 2007 SRX. My new Nav is totally different.

Did the previous owner have a rogue disc?

Mike (love my car otherwise)

tedcmiller
07-13-11, 10:19 PM
My 2009 CTS-V Navigation voice work properly. Sounds like you might have a problem.

JOEYCTS-V
07-13-11, 11:10 PM
Just got a used 2011 CTS-V Coupe, built in mid 2010. The nav voice says, "Turn right at the next steet onto"....followed by another female voice, in a hurried voice "main street". Does everyone have the same voices? My 2005 CTS-V had a consistent and clear voice, as does my wife's 2007 SRX. My new Nav is totally different.

Did the previous owner have a rogue disc?

Mike (love my car otherwise)

My car also does this. There are 2 voices so don't get scared. :)

wait4me
07-14-11, 09:59 AM
It is normal. They have the voice sampling with a lady talking, then a more digital flat talking for the other sections that are more generic. it is definatly cheap sounding but at least the words are said correctly for the most part. I have a passport iq radar detector that says words really bad, like when it says kings highway, the unit says kingsaway. Or Ka band on the radar sounds like KAAAH instead of K A .. We are just lucky we can understand the nav lady....

JFJr
07-14-11, 10:39 AM
Ha haa! My nav voice, a/k/a Wanda, loves to mispronounce street names. She definetely needs some diction lessons, but at least she's entertaining on trips.

Jud

e6t
07-14-11, 11:57 AM
talk about a shit job. imagaine reading all the street names in the country.

man, im glad i went to college.

JimmyH
07-14-11, 08:18 PM
Assuming the V nav is the same voice as the CTS nav, I thought she was a little cold. Now, the hottie who narrated in my V1 got me a little excited.