: What are your long-term plans for your V?

M5eater
07-13-11, 11:01 PM
Trying to get an idea of how many people plan on keeping their V2 long after it's the hot-stuff it is now. There are plenty of 10-20 year old enthusiast cars with cult followings still out there, but how many of us plan on sticking around that long, and will we resist going too crazy? Personally I plan to keep mine for a very long time if keep liking it more, I might do exhaust and pully/tune, but by contrast to my all power-modded cars, I think this time the V2 deserves to just be driven and shown for what it is. Nothing more.

neuronbob
07-14-11, 12:24 AM
My choice isn't listed.

My current plan is to keep my car as long as possible. It is the height of V8 cars and will be worth something far in the future even without Recaros. I'll daily drive it till it gets to 100k, then make it a strictly weekend car, moving to another daily driver...probably a Volt or a high-mileage gas-driven car.

Domsz06
07-14-11, 12:37 AM
What about heavy mod now and dd?

thebigjimsho
07-14-11, 01:13 AM
I planned on keeping my '04 forever and eventually putting it back to stock so I could cruise the car circuit with a clean, original V 30 years from now. Unfortunately, a deer and a guardrail derailed that idea. The V2 was supposed to be a 5-10 year car. And I'd pay them off and keep them while maybe buying a V3...

Junkie414
07-14-11, 01:14 AM
probably end up trying to run a 9.90 while daily driving it and keeping it reliable. Still slow compared to the Supra

cbloveday
07-14-11, 02:17 AM
1-2 years rediculous modding, ownership length is for as long as it brings me pleasure.
So far still smiling 2yrs after purchase.

EVIL_C5
07-14-11, 07:03 AM
Mine isn't there either....Drive it and enjoy it as much as possible and when and if something comes out that catches my fancy more, then move on. LolI always plan to keep a car a while but never seems to happen. I get bored and want something new.

M5eater
07-14-11, 07:27 AM
What about heavy mod now and dd?

only 10 choices, I would say that falls under heavy modding for whatever time frame you're looking for.

My choice isn't listed.

My current plan is to keep my car as long as possible. It is the height of V8 cars and will be worth something far in the future even without Recaros. I'll daily drive it till it gets to 100k, then make it a strictly weekend car, moving to another daily driver...probably a Volt or a high-mileage gas-driven car.

sure it is :D option 3.

Mine isn't there either....Drive it and enjoy it as much as possible and when and if something comes out that catches my fancy more, then move on. LolI always plan to keep a car a while but never seems to happen. I get bored and want something new.

sounds like me, although, my previous car's were not nearly as special as the V2.

EVIL_C5
07-14-11, 10:52 AM
last 3 cars prior have all been modded to the point where they were no longer drivable for one reason or the other.....so I am making every effort to not go down that path again....but a 10.99 sec timeslip is in my crosshairs, and thats where the addiction begins....lol