: Test drove my first V!

Elan
07-13-11, 08:35 PM
I know its probably not a big deal, but today was the first time I ever touched a V. It was a 2007 CTS-V with a beautiful thunder grey exterior and the ebony interior. The car was in very good condition. Stilled smelled brand new. The owner obviously took very good care of it. I must say I have driven many different manual cars. Anything from BMW M3's, Vette's, Audi's, Mustang GT's, 350Z's, yet I have never felt a clutch that felt better than this one. Depressing it was almost effortless. As soon as I turned on to the main road, I had a smile across my face. I took it slowly at first, but I was still lovin every second of it. I finally got on the highway and the salesman told me to open her up. I immediately popped it in second and put the pedal down. I was greeted with an amazing blow of torque and the aggressive sound of the engine. The sound really got to me. It was 100% stock and I could still hear that LS2 Vette engine roaring away. It was truly a pleasure. I just thought I would share my first V experience. Unfortunately, I did not walk out of there with the keys. My V has to be a black one (yes I am picky). Overall what really impressed me was the torque, the feeling of the gearbox, the sound, the surprising sturdy feeling of a larger car. I felt like a king on the road. Truly an amazing car.

(Side note, take it easy on me. I am coming from owning and driving sports cars. This is the first sport sedan I have really fallen in love with. Bare with me!)

GDPossehl
07-13-11, 09:28 PM
Thunder Grey is probably one of the best and most desirable colors. Resale on a thunder grey 07 should remain pretty good as long as it's well kept.

I wouldn't get too hung up on owning a black one. They're pretty tough to keep clean if you drive it daily. They also show EVERYTHING in the paint. Tell you what, you buy that thunder grey 07 and I'll trade you my black 04 straight up. :cool2:

whisler151
07-13-11, 11:43 PM
Does it have to be black? What about a silver 2007 with black wheels?

Elan
07-13-11, 11:47 PM
A buddy of mine has a black Vette and yes it is tough to keep clean. Literally EVERYTHING shows up. I really did love the color. Unfortunately I need a black car. I've owned a grey car and its time for a change.

magna-v
07-14-11, 02:04 AM
Like many others have said black is the fastest color:bighead: I have a raven and it looks awesome but soooo hard to keep clean, especially the back of it for some reason but i have never seen a TG car in real life and it would be a rare color to own (in the V world anyways).

mstrjon32
07-14-11, 05:02 AM
Glad you liked it...they're awesome cars.

Surprised you liked the clutch so much. The clutch does the job, but it's far from the nicest clutch my left foot has ever touched.

rand49er
07-14-11, 08:44 AM
Ooooo ... aaahhh ... LOVE Thunder Gray ... :thumbsup:.

Glad you otherwise liked the car!

DDS rollin a CTS
07-14-11, 09:00 AM
Please dont tell me this car has the moonroof delete as well. I bought my 07 silver V back in March and I love it but I'd trade it in a heartbeat for an 07 in Thunder Grey with moonroof delete.

GDPossehl
07-14-11, 09:07 AM
Just noticed this, but you're from Alpharetta. I work up here. NP Land Rover. Feel free to stop by if you wanna check out the V.

Twitch
07-14-11, 09:11 AM
Almost bought the first V I ever saw (owner didn't have his paperwork in order). His whole sales pitch was handing me the keys, and it worked! Didn't say anything about the car. Shook my hand and asked if I wanted to take it for a ride.
Looking back, I'm glad things worked out the way they did.

Good luck with whatever you get.

wcryan
07-14-11, 12:55 PM
go back and get it!........ if you throw black wheels on that thing they look sexy as hell

JD03Cobra
07-14-11, 01:06 PM
go back and get it!........ if you throw black wheels on that thing they look sexy as hell

Agreed! That's the V1 to own

wcryan
07-14-11, 01:26 PM
Or tell me where it is, so I can go trade mine in

Ny's Caddy
07-14-11, 03:28 PM
I will trade you my 06 Black on black on black for that one you test drove i just bought mine I still have paper plates on it . ive owned it for 6 months and ive washed my baby i think 100 times and ohh S*#t gotta go wash her again someone just looked @ her..lol.. Lets Trade

JDB
07-14-11, 03:52 PM
...goes to Autotrader...

The one at Hennessy? Looks nice, from the pics. Looks stock, except the headrest monitors. Has sunroof. 37k for $29,900 listing.

Looks like Thunder Gray still has some green in it like Stealth.

wcryan
07-14-11, 04:10 PM
yeah, that's what I always thought too...... looks good though.... some guy had his on black ccw's. Looked awesome

Elan
07-14-11, 07:21 PM
Just noticed this, but you're from Alpharetta. I work up here. NP Land Rover. Feel free to stop by if you wanna check out the V.

Oh wow you work at the Land Rover on Mansell?? What kind of V do you have? I would love to come check it out.

Yes it's the one at Hennessy. The salesman didn't even know it had TV screens in the back. It had some tinting done. Looked like legal in the front (32%) and about 5% in the rear. The only thing I noticed was some curb rash on the two right rims. Not too bad, but the dealer said he could have them fixed before I bought the car which was nice. Other than that, the car looked well taken care of. No scratches, dents, or other problems. Carfax were clean as a whistle but of course I would need to take a paint meter to it before I actually go through with it. The thunder grey is really growing on me. Damn it was sexy.

GDPossehl
07-15-11, 01:30 PM
That's the one. Sounds like a nice V. If you can afford it snatch it up. They look pretty nasty with black wheels... and that's coming from a guy who's not a huge fan of black wheels.

My V is just a black 04 with STS-V wheels, a drop, and some minor exhaust work. Stop by anytime during the week when I'm here 7:30-6. I'll be around the service department. Ask for Grant.
I'm gonna try to make it by the next caffeine and octane here too. Should be Aug 7th.

shadybx7
07-15-11, 08:04 PM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/DavidWomack/greyV2.jpg
/\
Gerry's V... nicest non-silver :v: i have seen to date..

PULL THE TRIGGER.. haha

rand49er
07-15-11, 09:27 PM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/DavidWomack/greyV2.jpg
/\
:drool:

wcryan
07-16-11, 06:58 AM
YES!, that one......... that thing is so sexy. I think i'd trade my girlfriend in for that car

BTW my new wallpaper

Driftwood420
07-17-11, 07:02 AM
Elan that same car was my 1st V drive as well. I was equally as impressed with it. I did not notice the road rash, I will take a good look at the car today. This car is at the top of my list right now, we are going to stop and look at it on the way home from a family trip, my wife has not seen a V up close yet. "your gonna buy a Cadillac?" is getting old..
I would need to take a paint meter to it before I actually go through with it..
How do you mean paint meter? I hope you find exactly what you are looking for, a nice BLACK V

LAYGO
07-17-11, 10:06 PM
Does it have to be black? What about a silver 2007 with black wheels?

You trying to sell it AGAIN?

pjm10626
07-18-11, 09:17 AM
sounds like a nice car. I just bought my new to me 2005 redline cts-v this past friday, I also live in GA. I about an hour west of atl in Carrollton. I drive to atl for work and go to school in marietta. Good luck finding your black v, you will love the car. Do you only want a 07? I know whwere a really nice 2005 Black with tan interior is in atlanta for sale, not online anywhere.

Driftwood420
07-18-11, 10:39 PM
Got a deal in the works on a nice silver with black interior. As long as it all works out I will be the proud owner on Wednesday. Heading to "The Dragon" HWY 129 Saturday... come on USAA check!!!

GDPossehl
07-25-11, 12:04 PM
Sounds like funn... I don't have to work Saturday and the GF is outta town...