: Reset DIC now no TC messages.

GDPossehl
07-13-11, 04:29 PM
So I had trouble ejecting a CD recently and pressed the combo of buttons (seek right and 2nd from bottom) to do a hard reset of the DIC. Now it plays and ejects CDs just fine, but holding the Traction Control button down for any length of time doesn't tell me that the stability system is off. The traction control light stays on the cluster, but nothing on the DIC.

Did I do something wrong? Do I need to have it reset with a tech II scanner? I really haven't "tested" to see if the stability control is actually off, but from what I can tell it's still engaged.

CancerJCC
07-13-11, 09:15 PM
Hmmm first I've heard you can hard reset the DIC. If you indeed did hard reset it I would say you need a tech II to program the DIC and let it know its in a V and not a CTS.

GDPossehl
07-13-11, 09:18 PM
I just did one of the two options to reset... not sure why it wouldn't let it know it's a V.

GDPossehl
07-29-11, 06:10 PM
I figured this one out today. I noticed one of my TPMS sensors wasn't reading so I reset all of them and it's working again. Tried out the TC modes and now they work.

Lesson learned: Stability control cannot be disabled unless the TPMS sensors are reading correctly and there are no tire pressure indicators.