: awesome 440T4->4T65E conversion

ehall
07-13-11, 04:22 PM
You might have to register to read the thread but it's definitely worth it. Basically the guy took a 4T65E transmission and found a standalone TCU from a diesel truck, and swapped it in place of his 440-T4 hydraulic transmission. Yes I'm thinking about it now.

http://www.a-body.net/forums/showthread.php?1589-Transmission-swap-about-to-start-440T4-4T65E

aeronca36606
07-13-11, 09:35 PM
There are a couple of after market transmission controllers available that will work with the 4T65E trans. These can also be equipped with paddle shifters for manual control or run in full automatic mode. They are a bit expensive though. If you where going to move to an electronic controled transmission, I would consider doing the full PFI 4.9 conversion with the 4T60E trans. This would probably be cheaper to do as parts would be available used at a reasonable cost. You would need the port fuel injection parts along with the transmission, wiring harness and ECM computer. This would give you a fully integrated powertrain set up fpr your cars weight. I am pretty sure that you may even be able to keep your fuel computer correct with some creative BCM upgrades. Good luck.

ehall
07-13-11, 11:22 PM
I'm not swapping harnesses and computers

STS_Seville_Hunter
07-13-11, 11:27 PM
Yep for David's 330 whp Turbo Century. All of his builds are pretty neat and top notch. I'm a member of that forum too (I own two Centurys)

dennis93coupe
07-13-11, 11:29 PM
I didn't have the time to register, but what is an "A" body car? I guess I could have gone out to the shop and looked in my parts book, not sure if it would have shown it tho.

Well if I had waited another 10 minutes my question would have been answered. ehall, now c'mon changing things out to a full 4T60E isn't all that bad. You would only need to pull the whole dash open to do it. A couple of bulkhead connectors on the passenger firewall side, some more on the driver side. Can't be all that bad. :D I'd even go pull the parts for you for a small fee. Well, maybe not that small. :suspense: