: Washed car/motor and throttle will not work know and throwing multiple code's?

Porc
07-13-11, 03:18 PM
Started my 05 V, drove it around the block to warm it up a little. washed the car/motor. Then check engine light come's on, reduced power/traction control light is on and now it throw's p0120,p0220,p1125,p1516,p2120,p2125,p2130 code's. Car will start up just fine and run's nice. Throttle will not work at all. Checked EVERYTHING for water intrusion, checked all underhood fuse's. Replaced TPS sensor with new GM unit since it was throwing bad tps code. Un-plugged battery multiple time's, re-set/cleared code's multiple time's with OTC computor. Still no throttle or clearing of code's.

Any idea's???????

Andringa
07-13-11, 03:28 PM
Did you check the plugs that plug into the underhood fuse box? I had a similar reduced power mode/ CEL code problem and I had water in the plug on the side of the fuse box.

Porc
07-13-11, 03:53 PM
Checked every fuse/plug in box. Nada on water or blow fuse's. it has to be a water related issue but can not find the water anywhere. it is also 105 here today and in the 90's yesterday afternoon so any water that was there should be long gone.

Porc
07-13-11, 04:52 PM
Checked every fuse/plug in box. Nada on water or blow fuse's. it has to be a water related issue but can not find the water anywhere. it is also 105 here today and in the 90's yesterday afternoon so any water that was there should be long gone.

Twitch
07-13-11, 05:02 PM
The first 4 codes tell me your throttle actuator probably gave out (cylinder on right side of your TB). It's not uncommon, but since you got it wet, I'd unplug it and let it air out a day or two. Otherwise you'll need a new throttlebody. We are talking about an LS6 right?

The other codes are for the pedal. It may simply be connected to the actuator problem.

If it were me, I'd look at ebay/LS forums for a good used TB.

PS don't assume the water's all gone. If it got into a tight electrical connection and you don't open it up, it could be wet longer than you think.

Porc
07-13-11, 06:44 PM
No go and all. There is no water anywhere. NEW tps did no good. I guess she's goes to the stealership tommorrow.

vinnievis
07-13-11, 10:24 PM
After I figured out my motor mounts were bad I parked the car while they were on order, and I decided to wash the car and the engine while I was at it. It was a mistake... I had a different code, and it turned out that the Knock sensor(s) got wet.

Point being, it sat in the garage for about 10 days, I drove it 50 miles to a buddies shop, swapped the motor mounts, drove it home 50 miles same day, and drove it the next day about 50 miles, and I reset the codes twice in that timeframe, and it kept throwing codes until about 10 days dry time(no driving), then 2-3 trips of 50+ miles for over 2-3 days for the knock sensors to dry out and quit throwing the code. It was about 80-85 degrees outside and in the garage the whole time too.

Best of luck finding out whats wrong! Its a bummer whenever you run into trouble....