: new owner question

canada g
07-13-11, 10:34 AM
I have my srx since 2 weeks and have an other question.

I had before an acura rdx tech and when i unlock the door and I open it the driver seats adjust is automaticly to my setting.
When my wife opens it with her key it adjust to her settings.

has the srx this function also?

Till know I pushed the programmed button each time for a couple of seconds.

stevec5375
07-13-11, 12:12 PM
My suggestion would be to read the manual. Therein lies the answer.

canada g
07-13-11, 12:29 PM
The answer could be there but I hate manuals. That's why I hoped someone know it here

thanks

cvettr/cts-v
07-13-11, 01:14 PM
yes if you have the auto seat recall checked in the personal settings in the dic then it should upon unlocking with either remote go to the last stored position for that particular key fob. We do not like it to adjust before we enter the srx so we dis-abled it through the dic and use the memory button on the side of the seat once seated. One note though is this requires you to hold down buttton 1 or 2 till it has completed all adjustments as if you release the button it stops at that point. Repressing does continue but annoying till used to it.

Ponyman
07-13-11, 01:18 PM
You can orogram it to your position. Unfortunately the way it works, is that you can set an exit position. Hoever when you unlock the car it moves to your driving position before you enter the car. My 08 CTS waited till you started the car before it moved to the driving position. I don't know why Cadillac changed this for the SRX, unless it had something to do with safety and the seaat moving while some people had it in gear and driving. Since my exit and driving position are basically the same it doesn't bother me, but it drives my wife nuts. She would much rather it wait till she was comfortably in the car before it moved to her driving position. These options can be turned on and off in the configuration menu. It had been a while, but I think I have given you accurate information. Maybe some fo the other helpful, and more knowledgeable people on the board will chime in.

Smokin' SRX
07-14-11, 07:58 AM
Good advice guys. I also get in , then press/hold the seat buttons (1 or 2) as opposed to setting the Config Menu to have seat move to my driving position before I get in. I also much preferred my old 2004 SRX , wherein the seat could be programmed to move AFTER ignition key was turned on. No doubt all this changed to satisfy the lawyers........

Owners Manuals are your friend! We are your your consultants LOL Take a few minutes to read yours, as there are features you may not even know enough to ask about.

My .02 ....... Enjoy the ride!

SS