: Escalade Resale value TANKED

samg
10-18-04, 05:02 PM
Anyone notice the resale value of your escalade majorly tanked? Last year, a 3 month old Esclade was worth about 50k. This year a 3 month old esclade is worth 44k. Last year dealers paid book. This year they are talking 2,000-5,000 back of book.

So..pretty much. A lot of people are now over 10,000 upside down.

Thanks to all the INCENTIVES!

:madtalkin

hcvone
10-18-04, 05:13 PM
It's the same every year as the new models come out, nobody wants to give you a deal the first several months, and then at the end of the year they are giving them away. It's even worse when they change the model like with the C6 Corvette, they were giving you 13,500.00 off 04' convertibles, and nothing off the 05' models. :crying: :crying:

samg
10-18-04, 05:24 PM
No I mean last year, a 2003 model, that was 3 months old, would sell BACK to a dealer for 50k. At book. This year a 2004 model esclade, 3 months old will sell back to a dealer for around 40k. I traded in a 2003 'lade for a 2004 lade back in June. I was only 2k upside down. My 2004 Esclade which had a sticker of 61k vs my 2003 @ 58k is already worth less than they gave me for my 2003, 3 months ago. They gave me 42k for a 1 year old 2003. Now my 2004, with 5k miles is only worth 40k to a dealer. When I bought my 2003 Esclade a year ago, in June I beilve, and checked its value in Sept. when the 04's came out, dealers would pay 50k. So pretty much in 1 year, a escalade's resale fell 10 grand. Because of all the free rebates, lowered the resale value. So getting out of an Escalde, should be a whole lot harder now. Not that I don't want my Escalade. I just don't like being 13k upside down. (Oweing 53k on my car, that I bought 4 months ago). When last year, I was about 3,000 upside, in the same time frame with a comparable deal. Anything beyond 5,000 to me is to much.

Sam

hcvone
10-18-04, 06:30 PM
That is strange because 2 different dealers offered me 40k for my 03' to purchase an 05' right now, and both were close in price on the 05' giving over 5k off. Values differ in different parts of the country too, and when I got my 03' with a list price of 57525.00 I only paid 48500.00 (I did not get Nav, rear DVD or tire pressure system, they were on hold at the start of the 03' model run ) so there is no way a dealer would give me 50k. My trucks usually bring top dollar due to the fact that I am in the detailing business and my cars are always very clean. :)

99escalademan
10-18-04, 06:43 PM
All cars Tank. You lose money as soon as you drive it off the lot :banghead:

hcvone
10-18-04, 07:04 PM
A lot on money. :crying: :crying:

hugabone
10-18-04, 09:02 PM
Which is the reason why Im in the market for a used Lade. Iv seen 02's going for less than 33k with under 40,000 miles. Iv seen one with 37,000 miles AWD Red-E in color for 32k. Thats 25,000 in depreciation after a year or two. Im looking for a Pewter color for that price with that milage. Personally a 2wd or awd dont make much of a difference to me. I know the AWD has the 6.0 but either would be cool. I also saw a 03 with 47k miles for 29,000 but that was a 2wd.

99escalademan
10-18-04, 09:55 PM
Pewter is a nice color. different from the rest and sparkles in the sun. :cool:

hugabone
10-18-04, 10:03 PM
Pewter is a nice color. different from the rest and sparkles in the sun. :cool:

The best colors to me are the Diamond White and Pewter but not necessary in that order. Too many Diamonds out there. I know Black is popular too but Iv never been a fan of it on any vehicle. Besides the HID on the 03's, whats the difference between that and the 02's.

ALLeyez187onME
10-19-04, 12:32 AM
the only thing i noticed was the steering wheel was different, and it came with optional bucket seats. Im not sure if the 02 came with opt. bucket seats . Plus i have HID's so outside mine looks like an 04.

Xrayqueen
10-20-04, 12:07 AM
I was sad :crying: to see we are back on the #1 stolen car list. The news in California put out the good news yesterday. Flattering but sad ;)
Peace :helpless:

samg
10-20-04, 03:16 AM
Is On-Star that easy to disable? I don't understand how we are #1 stolen, with On-Star..

T_Dogg8
10-20-04, 08:13 AM
yeah, i had mixed feelings too. nice to know you have a truck everyone wants, just as long as tehy don't want it too much.

as far as resale, that's why i bought used.

Sycosis
10-20-04, 08:53 AM
I think the reason for the decreased values and most stolen list are in part to the modifications done to these trucks. I see tons of escalades on used car lots with different wheels and tires, lowered, stereo/video systems and different interiors most of which are very poorly done. Both of which will decrease the value and tend to have them stolen more often. Sure they are stolen for the occasional joy ride but most are stolen for parts, aftermarket parts and on one wants to pay top dollar for a truck with a bunch of mods done to it. Just my .02.

MEJIA
10-20-04, 11:33 AM
Is On-Star that easy to disable? I don't understand how we are #1 stolen, with On-Star..

Ive heard it is easy to disable... However I am not going to start giving out ideas here...... But if for the vehicle owner is easy, imagine for the car thief..... :hmm:

Mejia

Harrison256
10-20-04, 11:51 AM
Dont worry mieja some idiot already blurted out multiple ways to defeat onstar in an earlier thread for millions on the internet to view

hugabone
10-20-04, 01:25 PM
So im assuming Lojak wouldnt be feasible along with Onstar or is Lojak easily defeatable as well.

Xrayqueen
10-20-04, 11:46 PM
Lojack with early warning is worth it. The minute your wheels move you will get a call. Only problem is it is $895.00 from Caddy dealer :( I will be having it installed soon. Hopefully before the theifs get me. Until then I'll just think positive :)

T_Dogg8
10-21-04, 07:19 AM
wow. 900 bucks. i guess it's worth it if it works.

hcvone
10-21-04, 07:45 AM
Lojack with early warning is worth it. The minute your wheels move you will get a call. Only problem is it is $895.00 from Caddy dealer :( I will be having it installed soon. Hopefully before the theifs get me. Until then I'll just think positive :)

$895.00 is more than I pay a year for insurance, they can steal it. ;)

T_Dogg8
10-21-04, 09:09 AM
i was thinking that too.

and really, i'm not planning on selling my ext for a while, so i don't mind if the resale value goes down because it will be less attractive to steal if it's not worth a lot.

MEJIA
10-21-04, 11:45 AM

Sometimes I feel like investing a lot of $$$ on a new alarm system (Clifford, Viper) etc, or Lojack, it is now aviable in Mexico. However sometimes I just think, since I dont carry valuables in my truck, they can steal it!! :bouncy:
And by the way Ill get paid the market price of my vehicle within 1 week if my vehicle is not recovered. Hope they dont recover it so I can buy a new one.

Mejia

Xrayqueen
10-21-04, 09:54 PM
i was thinking that too.

and really, i'm not planning on selling my ext for a while, so i don't mind if the resale value goes down because it will be less attractive to steal if it's not worth a lot.
What insurance company are you with ??? I'm paying $1000.00 a year in California. The only difference I probably have is my rims are insured seperatly
for $4000.00 :confused:
Peace :devil:

Spittin Game
10-21-04, 09:59 PM
What insurance company are you with ??? I'm paying $1000.00 a year in California. The only difference I probably have is my rims are insured seperatly
for $4000.00 :confused:
Peace :devil:

you can insure your wheels? I didn't know you could do this. I need to do this when I get my new ones!

T_Dogg8
10-22-04, 07:26 AM
i have state farm. and i don't know about other states, but in PA you must have insurance to get your car inspected and registered every year. so even though i could get an alarm for about what i pay for a years insurance, i have to pay for the insurance anyway.

Xrayqueen
10-22-04, 10:28 PM
you can insure your wheels? I didn't know you could do this. I need to do this when I get my new ones!

You should definately get insurance on your rims and if you have and expensive stereo system you should do like wise. Make sure they are insured seperately. I always have done this. It usually costs about $20.00 dollars or less on your premium.
Peace :)

T_Dogg8
10-25-04, 07:47 AM
i agree with that. if you don't insure them separtely and they damaged or stolen, it's a lot harder to get the insurance company to pay up.

skides1
10-25-04, 05:08 PM
I HATE GM RESALE. I bought a 2 yr old Escalade 3 yrs ago with 40K miles. Since then I had about 30K happy miles. 40K miles later and $10K in major work I am livid. The same 30 yr track record fo GM is still there. 100K miles equals the total life expectancy of any GM car. If I had bought a Lexus the chances of me spending even a dollar by now on major components is like getting struck by lightning. That plus dealer incentives equals poor value. I am livid!!!!!!!

Sta11ion
10-26-04, 04:22 PM
I agree with you cadillac has alot of improving to do sure they look nice, but to lexus engineering they dont come close. My car that I had for awhile was a 300 great car no problems nothing. If only they made something like the ext I would of picked one up. Oh well, back to the dealer I go for another problem.
I HATE GM RESALE. I bought a 2 yr old Escalade 3 yrs ago with 40K miles. Since then I had about 30K happy miles. 40K miles later and $10K in major work I am livid. The same 30 yr track record fo GM is still there. 100K miles equals the total life expectancy of any GM car. If I had bought a Lexus the chances of me spending even a dollar by now on major components is like getting struck by lightning. That plus dealer incentives equals poor value. I am livid!!!!!!!