: Squeaky back seat

GDPossehl
07-12-11, 11:54 AM
So the back seat squeaks over uneven bumps a little.

Right now I've got the back seat completely out for some audio/MM spacer install and the rear seat area seems to squeak more now that the seat's not there. So either the seat is muffling it, or the seat back is bracing it.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has found the squeak and braced it, WD40'd it or deadened the sound.

lollygagger8
07-12-11, 01:20 PM
Dang man, take it easy back there! lolz

DrSpeed
07-12-11, 02:25 PM
usually a gal with her feet braced against the ceiling works.

mberisha
07-12-11, 05:27 PM
usually a gal with her feet braced against the ceiling works.

yup...that is true...

EdmundGTP
07-12-11, 06:08 PM
yup...that is true...

Minus the stiletto heels if you value your headliner..

CadzillaTN
07-12-11, 07:21 PM
So the back seat squeaks over uneven bumps a little.

Right now I've got the back seat completely out for some audio/MM spacer install and the rear seat area seems to squeak more now that the seat's not there. So either the seat is muffling it, or the seat back is bracing it.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has found the squeak and braced it, WD40'd it or deadened the sound.

Seat is out completely? How do you hear that over the diff?

Mine isnt out but it's all unbolted at the moment and it squeaks over larger bumps too. I think it's just the seat frame riding the studs without being torqued down. Could be something in the trunk too.. A good test would be after bolting it back in, fold both seats down and listen for it.

GDPossehl
07-12-11, 11:01 PM
I put the seat back in tonight. The squeak is hardly noticeable if there at all. I think the lower bracket on the seatback does a good bit of bracing back there. I imagine a rear shock brace would go further.

My diff isn't too loud these days. A good fluid change and heat wrap around the exhaust pipes near the diff quieted it down significantly.

Got my MM spacers in for a smoother ride and it's right on its way to riding like a Caddy again... now I just have to get some motor mounts...

CadzillaTN
07-13-11, 12:56 AM
My diff isn't too loud these days. A good fluid change and heat wrap around the exhaust pipes near the diff quieted it down significantly.

slither mod ftw