: D3 springs ?

crabapple
07-12-11, 09:20 AM
Looking for input on the ride quality of the D3 Sport springs versus the D3 Competition springs? I have read where it says 30%
and 50% stiffer than stock but would like to have some feedback from members who actually have these setups installed.

Thanks in advance for your time.

haterinc
07-12-11, 10:44 AM
what are you after ultimately? i went through the same thing you did a month ago and after reading about a lot of the early problems with the sport springs and the speculation that the comp springs were created in the US solving the problems with their original springs... so the combo of that speculation and the fact that i think the sport springs make the rear look too low unless cutting the front... i just went with the comp.

review: i've had the comp springs on for a couple of weeks now and they're a little stiffer than stock, but not too harsh. the progressive spring rate at the top makes it a little softer until more load is reached. i don't regret getting the comp springs by any means... i was dodging potholes before i put these on lol.

i think you've been pondering this for a couple of weeks now and the car looks a LOT better with less fender gap, so i'm going to tell you to just pick one and enjoy it!

A909killer
07-12-11, 04:53 PM
Just bought a set of the sport springs on eBay for 250 shipped! Too good of a deal to pass up! Sucks that they wont ship till monday though :/

PhxTriode
07-12-11, 08:00 PM
I have the comp springs and no real complaints. It is stiffer on rough road but holly hell does it handle