: Newbie need some help... Looking to become part of the CTS-V family!

DenTone
07-12-11, 12:51 AM
Hey guys, I'm new here.

Just looking for some advice, or personal experiences with the CTS-V's. I'm really interested in buying one, since 04 I've always wanted one but never had the $$... Finally I've finished school and have been working for a few months now and I can finally afford a used one... I came across an 04 CTS-V, blk on blk... 1 owner, clean carfax, has 53,000 KM on it.. (I live in Canada). Going to see it tomorrow and I'm going to get it checked out by my mechanic... Price is $24,498 Canadain... 53,000 KM over 7 yrs isnt too bad right?

What do you guys think on the price? Is that a reasonable asking price? Also, just some general advice on maintenance, or any issues you guys have had.

Hoping to become a proud CTS-V owner and an active member to this board! Thanks!

Josh.

darkman
07-12-11, 08:18 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/217910-what-watch-when-buying-used-cts.html

rand49er
07-12-11, 09:03 AM
53k km isn't much. My '05 is getting close to 100k km, and still seems solid. Any chance the guy will take something closer to $22k Cdn? Have you test driven it yet? How are the tires? Are maintenance records available? Was it driven by a little ol' lady from London?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/217910-what-watch-when-buying-used-cts.htmlThis lacks the personal touch, IMHO. I know, I know ... it is indeed chocked full of great info, though.

darkman
07-12-11, 04:53 PM
This lacks the personal touch, IMHO.

Yeah, I still struggle with sensitivity issues, but with you as my role model I am sure I will eventually get it down.

rand49er
07-13-11, 08:39 AM
... my role model ...:lies:

DenTone
07-13-11, 10:09 AM
Well I went to take a look at it yesterday after work, and it looks like its in mint condition. Went through the checklist you guys posted (thanks a lot btw!) and it passed all of it... Going to make an offer on Saturday, what do you guys think is a fair offer? He said he could take $1,000 off when I went to look at it yesterday, so there is some wigle room.. Offer will be subject to mechanical inspection of course, I really like it though! It looks like it was baby'd.