: DTS Convertible

ThumperPup
07-11-11, 08:37 PM
http://www.droptopcustoms.com/wp-content/gallery/gallery_design_features/Cadillac-DTS---009.jpg

Anyone ever seen one like this in person im not sure if couch builders and custom convertible cops LLC did this just on a private customer or if they actualy did this to some like they did with the eldo's and they where just something the dealers would send down but that looks awesome im not a real van of the DTS but if i came across that id buy it

Stingroo
07-11-11, 08:49 PM
That would look a million times better with shaved door handles.

I've seen one, but not the 06+ style. It was an 00-05 style DeVille.

ThumperPup
07-11-11, 08:51 PM
now im going to google that just cause i want to see a picture of it i mean the 00-05

ThumperPup
07-11-11, 08:53 PM
http://www.exoticars.com/show.php?id=85&page=4&p=5&srt=make%20ASC

now so sure i like that one that pillar thing its go going looks tacky

Stingroo
07-11-11, 09:13 PM
Yeah that B pillar really needs to go.

ThumperPup
07-11-11, 09:28 PM
i wonder if anyone ever tried to turn a 98-04 seville in a convertible i googled it but did not pool up anything think that would be kind of cool

i wonder how much coach builders charges these days for the Convertibles custom

i know that the Eldo was like a 15k or 20k option option

i think i remeber the Caddy Dealerships selling them near me new for like 75-77k i think

Rodya234
07-11-11, 09:59 PM
i wonder if anyone ever tried to turn a 98-04 seville in a convertible i googled it but did not pool up anything think that would be kind of cool

No one would be dumb enough to take a car that handles pretty well and ruin it by taking the top of. Or at least I hope they wouldn't be.

EChas3
07-11-11, 10:06 PM
Yep! I saw one about 3 months ago. Sweet!

The owner bought it in Florida. His only complaint was the lack of courtesy lights.

Come to think of it, I think it was a DeVille not a DTS.

ThumperPup
07-11-11, 10:18 PM
No one would be dumb enough to take a car that handles pretty well and ruin it by taking the top of. Or at least I hope they wouldn't be.

hey if they did it with the Eldorado and some of the devilles and now even the CTS Sedan DTS and STS there why not the seville

orconn
07-12-11, 12:12 AM
Sorry that Deville convertible looks like some chop job for an African dictator! Really awful!

brandondeleo
07-12-11, 02:58 AM
I love it... It makes the DTS perfect. Well... A hardtop convertible would make it perfect.

Aron9000
07-12-11, 03:15 AM
:ack:

I've seen a 92-02 Eldorado convertible, now that was a sharp looking automobile. The company who did it made it real nice, it kept all the factory body lines, looked like something Cadillac would've built.

Playdrv4me
07-12-11, 04:37 AM
That's quite hideous. The Eldo really lends itself well to that treatment as Aron said.

The factory CTS Vert will be awesome.

ThumperPup
07-12-11, 11:05 AM
:ack:

I've seen a 92-02 Eldorado convertible, now that was a sharp looking automobile. The company who did it made it real nice, it kept all the factory body lines, looked like something Cadillac would've built.

there where 2 maybe 3 companys i think that converted the Eldo's to Convertibles
chances are you saw a coach builders one because they are the ones that look nice the other ones i have seen are just plane dull

ThumperPup
07-12-11, 11:07 AM
im not a fan of the cts but here is a cts i would own http://www.droptopcustoms.com/wp-content/gallery/gallery_design_features/CTS_Front_3qtr.jpg

Rodya234
07-12-11, 03:48 PM
I would only even consider a CTS drophead if it were the coupe. I think four door convertibles look stupid.

ThumperPup
07-12-11, 04:01 PM
thats you right to think they look stupid
me persnaly there is only one coup i think i would buy and keep it a coup the ony coup i like that i think would look dog ugly as a drop head would be the Mark VIII i thought about it ones sending it down to Coach builders but only thought about it for maybe 5 minutes then i figured it would be but ugly lol

but thats also the only coup i like period id have to say i was strongly likeing the eldo but really would only go for it i decided is if it was a drop head

now sedans i love sedans and when i see one that was converted to a drop head if it was a decent one and they did a really supurb job on it then yup but if they did a half ass job then no