: A/C Problem...

MEJIA
10-18-04, 12:11 PM
Hello, I am posting a problem I have with the A/C in my 2003 Escalade. Just wondering if someone else has experienced such problem or if someone knows what is causing it and a possible fix.

When I turn on my A/C (manual mode) I always set it to the coolest temperature, turn on the recirculator, and set the fan speed to low. However lately (2 weeks) I ve noticed than when I am driving accelerating or just idiling in a red light, the fan speed seems to go a little bit crazy. Just like if I had given more speed to the fan and then reduced it to the minimal setting again. My A/C system performance is not affected in any other way in cooling efficiency for example.

:hmm:

Thanks in Advance for any input,

Mejia

hcvone
10-18-04, 12:25 PM
Daniel, is it due to the fact that your sitting at idle and the alternator is just not making enough power at idle, when it happens again try with the brake on just giving it a little gas and see if that changes the fan speeds. :confused: :confused:

MEJIA
10-18-04, 12:35 PM
Daniel, is it due to the fact that your sitting at idle and the alternator is just not making enough power at idle, when it happens again try with the brake on just giving it a little gas and see if that changes the fan speeds. :confused: :confused:

Hmmm I am going to try that at lunchtime I leave the office...

However I dont remeber the battery charge indicator gauge fluctuating....

But it is worth a try...

Will post results tomorrow....

Thanks

Mejia

hcvone
10-18-04, 01:51 PM
The gauge may not pick up that little movement. :)

MEJIA
10-19-04, 12:35 PM
The gauge may not pick up that little movement. :)

Hmmm just like you predicted......

I didnt saw any gauge movement nor fluctuation........

Thanks,

Mejia

slk230mb
10-19-04, 12:58 PM
When my battery (bad cells) was dieing the only change in the volt meter was when it was going to stall, or when I tried to start it and I saw the voltage jump from around 8 to +14, then it started right up. Maybe an alternator or battery problem?