: Well that didnt last long; My first round of CTS-V electronic tweaks completed!

GTPprix
07-09-11, 08:05 PM
Those of you who know me know I cant leave ANYTHING alone if its electronic and in a car, my specialty is doing lots of custom programming so that said here is a list of what I knocked out on my 2011 CTS-V in the last 24 or so hours:

DRL's programmed out
Fogs with High Beams Programmed
Increased the Ambient lighting output a smidge (probably will tweak a bit more)
Added a Coolant Temp Readout
Added an Oil Temp Readout (not complete YET)
Hacked the Tracer Shift Light so that I can adjust the activation RPM per gear in preparation for a new higher rev limiter ;)
Added Curb View back in, works on both mirrors currently only set to passenger.

I should have a video up shortly of most of this stuff but suffice it to say I LOVE this car!

GTPprix
07-09-11, 08:09 PM
No, they ditched it after the 2008 Model Year if memory serves me... Mine does now though hehe :)

GTPprix
07-09-11, 08:13 PM
Send me the info I'll be there! :)

GM-4-LIFE
07-09-11, 08:14 PM
That's awesome! How did you do that? Any chance you can do the same for us?

GTPprix
07-09-11, 08:20 PM
Short version is I do this stuff for a living and if there was enough interest yes I'd offer the services here (I used to be a vendor here back in 2008 LOL) Anyway here is a video since I know I love seeing stuff in action ;) (you may find some of my other videos interesting as well ;))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ84cD1JJjo

Now I'm going to wash this thing, damn I'm regretting getting black! LOL

550HP STSV
07-09-11, 09:41 PM
High beams with fog lights = change fog light setting to Canadian market w/ Tech2....

GTPprix
07-09-11, 10:01 PM
High beams with fog lights = change fog light setting to Canadian market w/ Tech2....

And how exactly would you do that considering the Tech 2 doesnt have the ability to change anything in the flash calibration area? Believe me nothing I do can be done with a Tech 2 LOL

M5eater
07-09-11, 10:04 PM
you really need to stop playing with yourself.

GTPprix
07-09-11, 10:05 PM
you really need to stop playing with yourself.

I know I know my mom told me that but its got me this far! ROFL

Domsz06
07-09-11, 11:43 PM
pretty cool. My 09 still tilts the mirrors if I choose to select them. I'm interested in allowing my fogs to be on all the time, and also perhaps turning the weak non hid day timerunning light off when I first start the car. If it's not too hard to do i'm so interested!

GTPprix
07-09-11, 11:45 PM
Ahh I guess they nuked them after 09 or possibly mid year. I thought I had seen someone saying they didnt have it and had an 09 so I'm not sure.

PhxTriode
07-09-11, 11:58 PM
Can you get me IAT2's ? or deg or knock... I will pay some one to play with you then :-)

mik2718
07-10-11, 12:00 AM
The very early 09s had the mirror tilt. Mine was built 10/08 and does not include that feature.

Wannago
07-10-11, 12:01 AM
Ahh I guess they nuked them after 09 or possibly mid year. I thought I had seen someone saying they didnt have it and had an 09 so I'm not sure.

I've got a June '09 build, and it doesn't have the tilt mirror option (at least not that I am aware of). Would like to have it though...

GTPprix
07-10-11, 12:07 AM
Can you get me IAT2's ? or deg or knock... I will pay some one to play with you then :-)

I never say never but that is something that would be pretty difficult however I may be able to whip something up if the Oil Temp Doesn't Pan out completely.

I've got a June '09 build, and it doesn't have the tilt mirror option (at least not that I am aware of). Would like to have it though...

Ok so that makes sense then, I wish I knew someone around here that had an 09 I really want to play with one for a few ;)

JOEYCTS-V
07-10-11, 12:37 AM
Very cool. I'd be interested in a few of these modifications.

EuroTrash
07-10-11, 01:01 AM
very good stuff!

dvandentop
07-10-11, 02:05 AM
awesome love to see you made it over here from the vette forum

this guy works magic!

LFTW8S
07-10-11, 02:30 AM
Those of you who know me know I cant leave ANYTHING alone if its electronic and in a car, my specialty is doing lots of custom programming so that said here is a list of what I knocked out on my 2011 CTS-V in the last 24 or so hours:

DRL's programmed out
Hacked the Tracer Shift Light so that I can adjust the activation RPM per gear in preparation for a new higher rev limiter ;)

I should have a video up shortly of most of this stuff but suffice it to say I LOVE this car!

Very nice work. How do we get the "goods" on our cars?

Thanks in advance!!

xRUSTYx
07-10-11, 02:32 AM
Put me in line for the mirror tilts! I can see even 2 ft above the curb in my coupe :(. Haha

In other words, I exaggerate and end up parking 2 ft away from the curb just to be on the safe side

Caddy Wagon
07-10-11, 10:28 AM
OK I definitely need that reverse tilt mirror on both sides! Cool stuff, thanks for sharing.

Torxila
07-10-11, 01:09 PM
GTP

I'm on the west side, I just sent you a PM
Thanks
George

hlantin
07-10-11, 02:23 PM
put me down for the mirror tilts as well! glad to have you on our side..thanks.

GMX322V S/C
07-10-11, 03:03 PM
GTPprix, would it be possible to turn on just the front parking lights (the light pipes inside the headlight assemblies) as the DRLs? I pulled the fuse on the DRLs, but wouldn't mind the light pipes as DRLs. Oh, I'd be interested in the passenger side-view mirror tilt-down during reverse mod as well!

shade
07-10-11, 03:27 PM
I'd like to see the IAT's and coolant as well.

It would be sweet to be able to change the 'wallpaper' when music plays. The stupid music notes is lame.

JimmyH
07-10-11, 05:01 PM

DRL's programmed out

I see now that you have figured out the Camaro you are moving up in life :thumbsup:

bash535i
07-10-11, 06:56 PM
Put me down for the mirror tilt in reverse! I'd definitely be interested.

thebigjimsho
07-10-11, 07:26 PM
I see now that you have figured out the Camaro you are moving up in life :thumbsup:He's been here before, Oh S00per Moderator...

JimmyH
07-10-11, 07:56 PM
I want some tortilla soop.

GTPprix
07-10-11, 08:00 PM
LOL I can haz soup?! :)

JimmyH
07-10-11, 08:03 PM
I'll buy you a 3-month vendor badge here if you do my Camaro remote window roll-down pro bono :D

GTPprix
07-10-11, 08:39 PM
LOL I havent looked since I was a vendor here last but if the rates are the same BCM programming would cover about two years LOL :) Camaro stuff I honestly still havent finished I cant get anyone to get me a car for a day so I'm taking a little breather from that.

JimmyH
07-10-11, 09:34 PM
I was trying to plan a road trip up to Michigan to give you my car for a day. Don't have the time for that right now though.

neuronbob
07-10-11, 10:08 PM
Put me down for mirror tilt PLEASE! The "go into Park, then press driver position 2" to get mirror tilt thing is getting old, especially when I forget to change it back. AGH! My car was built and delivered to me in 3/09 and I sure don't have this necessary feature.

wetcoast
07-10-11, 10:14 PM
I need a bunch of this stuff done. Just let me know the paypal and what I need to do.

Thanks

JimmyH
07-10-11, 10:24 PM
mirror to curb; aren't you worried about the longevity of the motor in there? I always disable the auto mirrors and seat exit. I envision electric motors requiring replacement shortly after the warranty expires.

550HP STSV
07-10-11, 11:33 PM
And how exactly would you do that considering the Tech 2 doesnt have the ability to change anything in the flash calibration area? Believe me nothing I do can be done with a Tech 2 LOL

FRONT FOG LAMPS
With the ignition switch in the ON or START position, the front fog lamps will illuminate when the driver toggles the front fog lamp switch to the ON position. The front fog lamp switch is a momentary switch that requires the driver to briefly place the front fog lamp switch to the ON position and release it. The instrument panel module (IPM) controls the front fog lamp relay coil. When the driver toggles the front fog lamp switch to the ON position, the switch supplies ground to the front fog lamp switch signal circuit of the IPM. In response to this input, the IPM supplies ground to the front fog lamp relay control circuit. The underhood fuse block supplies battery positive voltage to the switch circuit of the front fog lamp relay. Ignition voltage is available to the front fog lamp relay coil when the key is in the RUN or CRANK positions. When the IPM grounds the front fog lamp relay control circuit the relay coil energizes, closing the switch contacts. Current then flows from the fog lamp fuse through the front fog lamp relay switch to both front fog lamps. Both front fog lamps are permanently grounded at G104. The front fog lamps will default to the OFF position upon a key cycle.

The IPM will turn the park lamps ON when the front fog lamps are ON and send a message via GMLAN serial data to the instrument panel cluster (IPC) to enable the front fog lamp indicator. The front fog lamps will deactivate when either the flash-to-pass or the high beam headlamps are turned ON. For vehicles exported to Japan or any European Country except Norway or Sweden, the front fog lamps will remain illuminated with the operation of the high beam headlamps or flash-to-pass.

Anyone with a Tech2 can activate that in the BCM. I had this done and the fog lamps now stay on with high-beams. Just change the "Fog Lmps not Us /Can " setting.

RafCon
07-10-11, 11:58 PM
Love the mirror thing. My old Acura used to have that and I feel it is an invaluable feature. Absolutely necessary. Please let us know how to get these features!! Thanks!

LitiGATOR
07-11-11, 01:30 AM
pretty cool. My 09 still tilts the mirrors if I choose to select them.

I have an '09, how do you select this option?!! My SRT8 had this standard and it was a huge help since I always back my car in. Also, I want to do the same things to my lights as you mention.

Junkie414
07-11-11, 01:57 AM
wow very cool!

GM-4-LIFE
07-11-11, 02:08 AM
Put me down for oil temp readout, coolant temp readout, fogs with high beam, and passenger side only mirror tilt option. I am one of the crazy ones that wants to keep the DRL function.

When can you do this for us and how do you do this?

NC_Cadzilla
07-11-11, 05:33 AM
cool stuff

Caddy Wagon
07-11-11, 07:24 AM
Quick question...would it be possible on a stick shift car to enable remote start capability?

BTW I am definitely interested in custom programming. What would we have to do to get it done? Remove our instrument cluster and/or BCM and send it to you?

Nutz
07-11-11, 09:01 AM
Nice work GTp. I'm looking forward to someone hacking a simplified "flash-to-pass" feature for V2. :bouncy: How about a speedometer led trailing light that has a top speed memory? :devil: (Corvette has this with it's "Power Windows Courtesy Module".)

CTSHORE
07-11-11, 10:05 AM
Great work.

When you run out of ideas, it would be great to have the sunroof shade stay closed while the glass is tilted up. I'd like to leave the roof open to vent the heat but being forced to leave the shade open negates the effect.

Oh and whenever you figure out how to disable the chimes (door, seatbelt, etc), please feel free to charge whatever you want!

Tedboss1
07-11-11, 11:05 AM
GTP.
Is it possible to stop driver seat from advancing when I open the door to get into my car.
My 09 CTSV has this annoying future that when seat exit is actuated the above happens.
It would be great if the seat stayed in its retracted position and advanced only when car is started.
Thanks.

GTPprix
07-11-11, 11:31 AM
FRONT FOG LAMPS
With the ignition switch in the ON or START position, the front fog lamps will illuminate when the driver toggles the front fog lamp switch to the ON position. The front fog lamp switch is a momentary switch that requires the driver to briefly place the front fog lamp switch to the ON position and release it. The instrument panel module (IPM) controls the front fog lamp relay coil. When the driver toggles the front fog lamp switch to the ON position, the switch supplies ground to the front fog lamp switch signal circuit of the IPM. In response to this input, the IPM supplies ground to the front fog lamp relay control circuit. The underhood fuse block supplies battery positive voltage to the switch circuit of the front fog lamp relay. Ignition voltage is available to the front fog lamp relay coil when the key is in the RUN or CRANK positions. When the IPM grounds the front fog lamp relay control circuit the relay coil energizes, closing the switch contacts. Current then flows from the fog lamp fuse through the front fog lamp relay switch to both front fog lamps. Both front fog lamps are permanently grounded at G104. The front fog lamps will default to the OFF position upon a key cycle.

The IPM will turn the park lamps ON when the front fog lamps are ON and send a message via GMLAN serial data to the instrument panel cluster (IPC) to enable the front fog lamp indicator. The front fog lamps will deactivate when either the flash-to-pass or the high beam headlamps are turned ON. For vehicles exported to Japan or any European Country except Norway or Sweden, the front fog lamps will remain illuminated with the operation of the high beam headlamps or flash-to-pass.

Anyone with a Tech2 can activate that in the BCM. I had this done and the fog lamps now stay on with high-beams. Just change
the "Fog Lmps not Us /Can " setting.

I think you have the STS which uses an IPM and the CTS we are discussing here which uses a BCM confused. The Tech 2 doesn't have any feature change setting ability on the CTS BCM the only setup abilities it has are for bpp relearn and sdm relearn.

Torxila
07-11-11, 12:02 PM
GTPprix

How soon can I come over to get these same items done?
Thanks
George
ps
PM also sent

mrl859
07-11-11, 02:36 PM
Assuming you were going to set these items up on our cars, how would you apply the changes remotely?

mrl859
07-11-11, 02:37 PM
While you're at it, how about adding gridlines to the nav system back up camera.

GTPprix
07-11-11, 03:00 PM
Assuming you were going to set these items up on our cars, how would you apply the changes remotely?

I wouldnt, if I chose to offer anything it would be a ship in service. Again guys nothing is for sale yet guys; I'm not a sponsor ;)

ChicagoV
07-11-11, 03:26 PM
Show candy to junkies. Tell junkies that they cannot have any candy. Junkies get angry!

Sign me up for the passenger mirror too.....

thebigjimsho
07-11-11, 03:47 PM
As long as it's not crazy expensive, there are some good tweaks in thurr. Not having full gauges like I have in my '04 is one of the few things that aggravate me. Especially on track...

Torxila
07-11-11, 05:09 PM
I wouldnt, if I chose to offer anything it would be a ship in service. Again guys nothing is for sale yet guys; I'm not a sponsor ;)

Ok, lets try this: I'm out driving around in Macomb Twp and just happen to turn aound on your street, in your driveway, but I think I hear some clicking noises so I get out to check. When I get back in I happen to notice when I back up my mirrors tilt etc. and because of all the pollen in the air I use a pocket hanky to blow my nose, but while doing so I accidently drop some money out of my pocket onto your driveway, but don't notice 'til I get home. (FURCHRISSAKE)

If that doesn't work I have a Neice with dbl "D's" who is looking!

George

GTPprix
07-11-11, 05:13 PM
If that doesn't work I have a Neice with dbl "D's" who is looking!

You know I bet if you posted this on a certain Mowtown forum you'd have great luck ;)

Torxila
07-11-11, 05:26 PM

You know I bet if you posted this on a certain Mowtown forum you'd have great luck ;)

No this thread is worthless without upgrades:want:

Torxila
07-11-11, 05:31 PM
Yeah, she'd fit right in over there, on MM, she likes fast cars and guns, hell she even likes anchovies on pizza!
I wouldn't subject her to the animals over there though, Craigslist would be kinder/safer LOL
George

Vcoupe11
07-12-11, 10:48 AM

DRL's programmed out

Is it possible to add a rear differential temp readout?

Thanks,
Gary

GTPprix
07-12-11, 01:37 PM
Possibly, I'll have to look into it further.

js615
07-12-11, 02:47 PM
Prob a dumb question - but how can we do this for ourselves?

M5eater
07-12-11, 09:32 PM
Prob a dumb question - but how can we do this for ourselves?

I can answer that for you

LOL unfortunately the stuff I use for development cost more than a few CTS-V's so #1 is out of the question which leads us to #2... Pics? LOL

GTPprix
07-15-11, 11:27 AM
Ok so did some more work on this over the past few days in my infinite free time LOL Anyhow the Oil Temp sensor IS still in the Pan, the wire is missing but its still there which normally would be great news however its a bit more complicated. The gauge responds to the correct frame on the bus so it WILL work however it appears that not only is it turned off in the ECM (even AFTER I turned it back off) the Pin that would normally receive the signal is turned off in the I/O portion of the ECM. I'm still looking into it however I am also working on a plan B which would be pretty cool as well so I'll try and keep you guys in the loop.

GTPprix
07-17-11, 07:43 PM
Welllllllll I have it working right now with calculated engine oil temp (the way the car normally uses it) and IAT2 ;) The question I guess I have for you guys is IF you had to choose (not saying you are going to have to just yet, I'm still working on a solution here) which would you guys want more? Oil Temp or IAT 2?

Don't mind the name, was trying to think of a good name but this is IAT 2 after a few WOT blasts.
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo257/gtpprix/photo-2.jpg

M5eater
07-17-11, 07:51 PM
IAT2 or oil temp? That's like choosing between a CTS-V and a CTS-V

I would have to choose both.

BUT I might sneak oil temp behind IAT2's back. I'd like to know when I can play, or stop playing rather than how hard I've been playing. Oil temp is good every day, IAT2 is only good on the dyno if you're trying to know when to do runs.

PhxTriode
07-17-11, 07:53 PM
IAT2's is more important to me with hitting 118* ambeint already this summer.

JimmyH
07-17-11, 07:54 PM
Phoenix in July. No thank you.

GTPprix
07-17-11, 07:59 PM
No kidding, thats nuts! But its a "dry heat", right? LOL :)

M5eater
07-17-11, 08:00 PM
IAT2's is more important to me with hitting 118* ambeint already this summer.

What would you do with the reading though? figure you need a better heat-exchanger? Or look and see you're hitting 130 after sitting in traffic?

mrl859
07-17-11, 08:05 PM
Welllllllll I have it working right now with calculated engine oil temp (the way the car normally uses it) and IAT2 ;) The question I guess I have for you guys is IF you had to choose (not saying you are going to have to just yet, I'm still working on a solution here) which would you guys want more? Oil Temp or IAT 2?

Don't mind the name, was trying to think of a good name but this is IAT 2 after a few WOT blasts.
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo257/gtpprix/photo-2.jpg

Can I vote for bending back up camera gridlines, instead?

PhxTriode
07-17-11, 08:06 PM
Would keep me from having to log IAT2's with my laptop. Past a certain temp I will not beat on my car.

I do a ton of testing and having it on the DIC is much safer to look at then a laptop on the passenger seat.

I know selfish reason... but Im OK with that

PhxTriode
07-17-11, 08:08 PM
No kidding, thats nuts! But its a "dry heat", right? LOL :)

Dry my a**. after the 118* we went straight into monsoon. Tomorrow 111* and thunderstorms.

Caddy Wagon
I would pick iat 2

GTPprix
I am a big fan of Post SC IAT's as well so I agree, also like my Oil Temp too LOL Argh the more I get into this the bigger pain it becomes LOL! :)

GTPprix
07-17-11, 08:12 PM
Can I vote for bending back up camera gridlines, instead?

Did I miss something do you have gridlines to begin with? Mine doesn't LOL! :D

M5eater
07-17-11, 08:14 PM
so that's 1 for oil temp
1421.1 for IAT2.

my vote counts m0ar though...

tabio42
07-17-11, 08:21 PM
If there are a limited number of parameters you can display, how about scrapping coolant temp and doing iat2 and oil temp?

GTPprix
07-17-11, 08:39 PM
Due to the way that menu is setup that's not an option unfortunately.

mrl859
07-17-11, 09:02 PM
Did I miss something do you have gridlines to begin with? Mine doesn't LOL! :D

My SRX does.

JimmyH
07-18-11, 01:28 PM
Dry my a**. after the 118* we went straight into monsoon. Tomorrow 111* and thunderstorms.

I have to say though, 85-90 in Phoenix is actually nice. 85-90 in Chicago with the humidity is hell.

che_socal
07-18-11, 01:36 PM
Due to the way that menu is setup that's not an option unfortunately.
Can't the code for the menus be rewritten and reflashed just like everything else?

GTPprix
07-18-11, 01:36 PM
Tell me about it! :)

che_socal
07-21-11, 12:41 AM
Tell me about it! :)
I don't understand your answer. You said "Due to the way that menu is setup that's not an option unfortunately." Speaking as a programmer by profession, rewriting the code for the menus IS clearly doable if one has the right equipment, the know-how, and the time in which to do it. Your comment suggests such a rewrite is infeasible in practice. Can you elaborate on why that is?

che_socal
07-21-11, 01:21 AM
If its your profession why dont you do it yourself then once you actaully get the car?? Until then just lay off the guy hes trying to help as much as he can
Simple, I don't program ECUs or other car software, and have no equipment for it, that's why. That doesn't change the fact that it's obviously doable in theory. I'm asking because I'm genuinely interested in why he claims it can't be done, and what's the discrepancy between theory and practice. You should be curious too; you might learn something.

Titaniumseeker
07-21-11, 01:33 AM
I don't understand your answer. You said "Due to the way that menu is setup that's not an option unfortunately." Speaking as a programmer by profession, rewriting the code for the menus IS clearly doable if one has the right equipment, the know-how, and the time in which to do it. Your comment suggests such a rewrite is infeasible in practice. Can you elaborate on why that is?
Rewriting the code for the menus is not as simple as you are making it out to be in your comments. It will require a major undertaking involving support and periodic updates for every vehicle the new code is loaded on. Not to mention a voiding of any warranty. Is this feasible to just change a few display options? I think not. However, adding subtoutines to display additional data is much different than rewriting the entire menu code. These subroutines could be easily backed out with the right mechanism in place. This process should not be over simplified because it is not.

GTPprix
07-21-11, 08:21 AM
Simple, I don't program ECUs or other car software, and have no equipment for it, that's why. That doesn't change the fact that it's obviously doable in theory. I'm asking because I'm genuinely interested in why he claims it can't be done, and what's the discrepancy between theory and practice. You should be curious too; you might learn something.

Lot's of things are possible in theory, travel to mars, alien life, Obama having a clue etc. The reason its not an option is I current dont have the kind of time it would take to devote to doing a complete rewrite of that section of code for no apparent reason LOL Also the reason you didnt understand my reply is because it wasnt meant for you, if you look at the time stamps its pretty obvious I was replying to Phx unless of course I somehow developed ESP ;)

ChicagoV
07-21-11, 10:36 AM
I don't think that Che-socal was questioning or challenging GTPprix's skill, knowledge or ability- just asking from one programmer to another how it would be done....

wetcoast
07-21-11, 12:36 PM
I don't think that Che-socal was questioning or challenging GTPprix's skill, knowledge or ability- just asking from one programmer to another how it would be done....

In such a way devoid of tact or open conversation.

Titaniumseeker
07-21-11, 02:55 PM
And now back to the original Thread content. GTPprix, your efforts and contribution is appreciated.

GTPprix
08-06-11, 05:18 PM
Thank you I appreciate it! :)

Did a little more work Friday....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34af02G-2qc

LitiGATOR
08-06-11, 06:32 PM
How can I get the "park tilt mirrors"?

Wannago
08-06-11, 06:46 PM
Good work! I would definitely like the mirror option as well. Got the feeling that this is not something that can be done from a distance, and that only those who are able to get their cars to GTPprix are able to have this done.

GTPprix...can you clarify if / how we can get this done?

neuronbob
08-07-11, 07:20 AM
Nice work. Now stop teasing and start shipping. :)

Seriously, thanks for putting the work in, I am looking forward to having park tilt back. I believe it was a boneheaded move by whatever GM executive decided to remove it. What lame-brained test group did they talk to that was "confused" about this feature?

mrl859
08-07-11, 11:25 AM
Two easy questions. One:did you use a tech 2 or pc to access the code? Two:did you go in through the ALDL or direct plug-in into the PCM/BCM?

GTPprix
08-07-11, 06:46 PM
GTPprix...can you clarify if / how we can get this done?

Currently its not available yet, it may be in the future but as of right now I'm still finishing stuff up adding more features etc. If any of these features were to come to market to keep the price reasonable it would be a ship in service.

Nice work. Now stop teasing and start shipping. :)

Seriously, thanks for putting the work in, I am looking forward to having park tilt back. I believe it was a boneheaded move by whatever GM executive decided to remove it. What lame-brained test group did they talk to that was "confused" about this feature?

I'm working on it! :) I know I completely agree, they stripped the curb view from the TBSS as well and I put that back into my wifes TBSS. I know there were some issues with techs not being able to correctly diagnose some issues and also confusing the customer :\

rockryno
08-31-11, 01:14 PM
is there a way for the front light pipes to be on in the daytime? without the headlights on? and ditch the DRLs?

Patent Guy
09-02-11, 11:48 PM
GTPrix,

I'm in Chicago and want the reverse tilting curb assist function back.

Thanks

SecretWeapon
09-09-11, 11:27 AM
I just want to be able to shut off the stupid horn that beeps three times every time I get out of the car and my keys are in it.

ds8
09-09-11, 12:28 PM
I just want to be able to shut off the stupid horn that beeps three times every time I get out of the car and my keys are in it.

I agree completely!

JOEYCTS-V
09-09-11, 02:07 PM
I hate that too.

bash535i
10-06-11, 01:56 AM
I agree completely!

+1 or 3

jrcmlc
01-06-12, 02:48 AM
Did this thread die...?

Joe

thebigjimsho
01-06-12, 10:14 AM
Yes. But you resurrected it.

Rockey
01-06-12, 09:49 PM
Sorry if this has been asked already but I dont have time to read through all the pages here:

1) I thought about how it would be nice to add the fog lights with the high beams and after I thought about it I wondered if it was deleted due to alternators output capability at low rpms. Have you experienced any problems?

2) Any chance you can add a feature that alerts when a the knock sensors deect a frequency equal to what they are tuned for?

thebigjimsho
01-07-12, 11:40 AM
If you can effectively use high beams, you don't need fog lights.