: Need help finding a battery drain

Caddylover86
07-09-11, 09:56 AM
ok so i did some homework and i think i found out the issue but hopefully you guys can reassure me on the matter.

so ive been trying to figure out how my battery kept draining and at first i thought it was the bat but after replacing that it still was draining. so i got a multimeter/ voltmeter and found out my bat is good and my alt is putting out 14.1v to my bat so its charging my system. i read up and most people agree that your car should read 50 or less MA with the car off and doors closed lights off etc. well my car was reading 1.421 Amps!!!! started pulling fuses and the only one that made it drop was the LTR 30a fuse. im assuming this went to the many cigarette lighters in the car. after pulling this fuse my car went down to .006 MA! so around 60 MA. my question is did i get it or am i still off a fuse? cause i know caddys might use more to power the extra goodies they put in these cars.

csbuckn
07-09-11, 11:05 AM
I think you got it. You should leave the fuse and pull the cig lighters to see if you can nail it down to which one. Also check them for coins and such inside.

outsider
07-09-11, 12:09 PM
yeah I think you've got it.

Do what CSBuckn said to try and find out exactly where the drain is coming from. most times it's a coin someone stuffed in there. lol

Caddylover86
07-09-11, 04:22 PM
thanx guys this is a weight off my shoulder