: Front license plate?

brandondeleo
07-09-11, 03:40 AM
Here in Washington, it is illegal to remove the front plate. First off, my window tinting is very illegal as well, so I don't care. I think it would look good. Is it really that severe of an infraction? Has anyone been/ heard of someone who has been pulled over for it? Will there be gaping holes where the old mount was? Testing the waters here. :hmm: :shhh:

Jesda
07-09-11, 03:45 AM
They dont care in Missouri unless you're being an idiot and they're looking for an additional reason to pull you over.

brandondeleo
07-09-11, 03:46 AM
Kind of like window tinting...

johnny kannapo
07-09-11, 11:02 AM
Some bumpers have an factory trim insert.

Window tint should never be illegal.
I can see why they would regulate a clear windshield & darkness limits.

Most states allow 25% tint blocking & some those states test for it at annual safety inspections.

It becomes a legislated infringement on our constitutional right to reasonable privacy
with these petty laws for police to get around the 4 amendment & make it a probable cause action.

gary88
07-09-11, 11:58 AM
Front plates are required in IL but I've been driving without one for over two years, and got my first ticket for it last month while parked downtown. It's a relatively lax law here.

The-Dullahan
07-09-11, 12:54 PM
Well, there's always the alternative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjVCcMuWpQY&feature=related

orconn
07-09-11, 01:19 PM
Well, there's always the alternative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjVCcMuWpQY&feature=related

That is cool!

Night Wolf
07-09-11, 09:29 PM
NY required it, FL and GA do not. I'm happy about it.

johnny kannapo
07-09-11, 09:35 PM
I think there are only 7 states that issue 1 liciense plate, I know AZ & NC are 2 others

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-09-11, 09:36 PM
Required in MN. Not required in WI if memory serves.

cadillac kevin
07-09-11, 11:07 PM
I'd say remove the mounts and stick the plate on top of your dashboard so its visible from the outside. used to do that on a couple cars that didnt have a front mount. never had any issues with the law because of it either.

gdwriter
07-10-11, 12:48 AM
Usually, if a state issues two plates, that means you're required to use them, although how rigidly that's enforced seems to depend on the state and the local jurisdiction.

Since the Seville has an indentation in the front bumper for the plate, I don't mind that Oregon requires both front and rear plates. I originally bought my '99 Accord in Arizona, where only a rear plate was issued, and I liked the cleaner look on the front since there was no obvious place where a plate was supposed to go. The mount for the front plate stayed in the trunk until I needed it in Oregon.

brandondeleo
07-10-11, 03:17 AM
I have never heard on anyone being pulled over for tinting or front plates. The legal tint here is 35%. I have 20%. I find it is just dark enough to look good and provide privacy and make the exterior visible (somewhat) at night. I think I am going to go for it...

HAZZARDJOHN
07-10-11, 09:19 PM
I had a Cadillac logo plate on the front of my deville for a few years in Minnesota. That ended when I got a $125 back in 2003. My rebelling only lasted until my pocket book was hit.

blujax01
07-11-11, 05:07 PM
I just took delivery on my DTS in Ohio. The bracket was not mounted. I gave specific instruction to the dealer to leave it in the trunk. And if I am pulled over, I will argue that I don't have a rivet gun and will make a return visit to the dealer to get it done. Until then, no front plate for me!

johnny kannapo
07-11-11, 09:08 PM
I just took delivery on my DTS in Ohio. The bracket was not mounted. I gave specific instruction to the dealer to leave it in the trunk. And if I am pulled over, I will argue that I don't have a rivet gun and will make a return visit to the dealer to get it done. Until then, no front plate for me! You can argue that point all til' the cats come home but it's still your ticket, not the dealers.