: 2005 STS: V6 3.6L RWD Brakes/Rotors/Tires

Ronen911
07-09-11, 03:40 AM
My brakes have been squeaking for about 2 months now...With my job I do not have the time to fix them with my 30 mile a day commutes. Due to the fact that I do Delivery with my Cadillac...I am wondering what type of Brake pads would you recommend and which to use. I would also like to know which Rotors I would need also since I probably destroyed them because I did not replace my brakes quick enough.

As well as My tires, the tread is starting to thin. Can anyone recommend good all season tires. Keep in mind that my car has a stagger and the rear wheels are larger than the front wheels.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Ronen

MacMuse
07-09-11, 10:23 AM
tirereack.com has a great interface that quickly filters down a list tires (or wheels, brake pads, rotors) available for your exact year & make. They even know about the STS staggered setup.

SlickCityStan
07-09-11, 10:22 PM
Don't worry too much about the staggered setup you can run same size around without any problem, which may be more economical for you, since you use your car for work(deliveries) you will have increased tire wear and same size will allow you to rotate tires for better wear. Check out Continental tires, most forum members reccommend them as the best all around brand

EChas3
07-10-11, 07:00 PM
^^^ Yes, it's true!