Cadillac Owners Forum banner

por-15 experiences

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  brougham 
#1 ·
Hi all. I have a 94 fwb in pretty good condition, very little rust on the underbody. I'm thinking of using por-15 to seal the frame and floor pans to prevent anymore moisture from attacking the metal. Has anyone had good results with the product?

#4 ·
I can confirm that the stuff works just great, and it doesn't come off your skin. If you don't take it off with rubbing alcohol immediately, it's there for a long long time. I did my wheel wells and lower rocker areas with it. Very easy to work with, and it really does dry rock hard like they say.

#7 ·
I never had good results with the stuff. I'm sure the company would say that I'm too stupid to use it right. My preferred method is to brush naval jelly on any rust, rinse it off and cover with Carquest Chassis black. The Chassis black is what the Gov't specifies for their Hummer refurbs. I don't know if other parts stores sell something similar. It is a hard slick coating and dirt and mud seems to wash of pretty easily. It sticks to bare metal too and primer isn't required. If I'm really anal about a super nice car i will use epoxy primer under the Chassis black.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.