: Nice 2004 STS For Sale

ted tcb
07-08-11, 11:11 PM
Not my car ... just came across it.
2004 STS, crimson pearl, navigation, magnaride, under 50k.

Great car for someone ... not me, been there and done it 5 times, but a nice car
for the right person. $11k is steep, but where else will you find this car in this
combination?

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n243/tedtcb/ON20090607181802924_20117514491159139054-orig-1.jpg

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/CADILLAC/Seville/CAMERON/Ontario/5_11217610_ON20090607181802924/

Jesda
07-09-11, 12:43 AM
SO beautiful. I thought 2004 was SLS only?

orconn
07-09-11, 01:01 AM
Except in canada where the STS continued to be available for '04.

Rodya234
07-09-11, 01:16 AM
Nice car!

But for the record, White diamond > Crimson Pearl :lol:

ga_etc
07-09-11, 03:25 AM
^No sir. I beg to differ.

ben.gators
07-09-11, 04:33 AM
Indeed I do love Crimson Pearl and it looks really wonderful on sporty cars like CTS. But the truth is Seville is not just a pure sporty car, it is a real classy luxury sedan that has a touch of sporty flavor too... So I prefer to see a bit conservative colors on a Seville.

Jailtime
07-09-11, 04:36 AM
Beautiful car. But everyone knows Blue Onyx is where it's at! :D

brandondeleo
07-09-11, 04:38 AM
I like both White Diamond and Crimson, but the White Diamond takes it for me. The Crimson looks better on Eldos because they blend the taillights.

Playdrv4me
07-09-11, 06:52 AM
Blue Onyx is indeed a very beautiful color on the Seville, and quite uncommon. Also, I have to agree with Brandon. The smoked red tail lights on the Eldo set off the Crimson Pearl fantastically well, while White Diamond plays off the Seville's larger size and body lines better.

By the way, even though Canada continued to get the 2004 as an STS, they are NOT easy to find.

Submariner409
07-09-11, 10:43 AM
The last Seville TS was built in June of 2003. There were none built in model year 2004 - BUT Canada and several other countries, including Great Britain, assign the year of titling as the "model year". CF has a member in England who drives a "2001" STS - but it was built in 1999, so he has a devil of a time finding parts - different engines.

Someone could call, get the VIN, and run it through CompNine to get a build date. Notice that this car IS in Canada....................

gdwriter
07-10-11, 02:03 AM
Lovely car. It was a rare Blue Onyx Seville that started the process where I ended up with Sabrina. Unfortunately, it had too many warranty claims, so I kept looking and found mine. I love the White Diamond, and while I'm generally not a fan of red cars, Crimson Pearl is stunning. When I go searching for my CTS in a few years, the Crystal Red will be my first choice (finding a blue one used will be damn near impossible), with White Diamond second.

ryannel2003
07-10-11, 12:24 PM
Blue Onyx or White Diamond '03 STS will be my next car. It's just going to be a matter of finding one with the mileage, service history and distance away for me to close the deal. I'd prefer to own the Blue just because it's such a rare color and I've seen two within the past week and drooled over them every time. I like the Crimson Red but I feel it works on the lines of the Eldorado and Deville DTS much better.

Submariner409
07-10-11, 01:45 PM
What was the last Seville year for Polo Green ?

ryannel2003
07-11-11, 12:48 AM
2000 for Polo Green. In 2001 Cadillac switched over to a green named Sequoia.

Playdrv4me
07-12-11, 01:23 AM
2000 for Polo Green. In 2001 Cadillac switched over to a green named Sequoia.

I've seen a grand total of ONE Sequoia Seville, MAYBE two... and one of them was mine (which was an SLS equipped with the STS appearance package and reverse sensors).

ThumperPup
07-12-11, 11:03 AM
if that car thats dated as a 2004 STS in Canda
where to be bought and transfered to the States
would they register it as a 04 or would it convert back to the true 03 or even latter depending on what the build date on it is ?

Submariner409
07-12-11, 03:18 PM
I've seen a grand total of ONE Sequoia Seville, MAYBE two... and one of them was mine (which was an SLS equipped with the STS appearance package and reverse sensors).

If you run a 2000+ Seville through the "VIN to RPO converter" and scroll down to ALL RPO CODES OFFERED for that year you'll find a few - 6, 7, 10, 15 cars that were painted colors we've never heard of. And some were made to run on leaded gasoline !!!

Maryland DMV uses the VIN character (10th character - in my case, 2) as the model year.

ThumperPup
07-12-11, 04:30 PM
If you run a 2000+ Seville through the "VIN to RPO converter" and scroll down to ALL RPO CODES OFFERED for that year you'll find a few - 6, 7, 10, 15 cars that were painted colors we've never heard of. And some were made to run on leaded gasoline !!!

Maryland DMV uses the VIN character (10th character - in my case, 2) as the model year.

wow they made some to run on leaded gasloine ?
i wonder hwo someone got that did they actualy make them and sell them to the public or did they make them and plan to test them out and if they did good they would have put them out to the public or was it a custom build only if you sat down with the dealer to order one ?
wow that would be cool to find one

Submariner409
07-12-11, 06:04 PM
wow they made some to run on leaded gasloine ?
i wonder hwo someone got that did they actualy make them and sell them to the public or did they make them and plan to test them out and if they did good they would have put them out to the public or was it a custom build only if you sat down with the dealer to order one ?
wow that would be cool to find one

In the rest of the posts in this thread and several others there is advice on how to find out what was built into just about every Seville made. If you go down to "All available RPO's" you'll find that the 3 or 4 leaded gas Sevilles made in 2002 went to somewhere like Africa or some such. Good luck - and the car would never be allowed into the U.S.

As always, TP, read the information in the posts and the question is already answered. Do some Google to find out when the last tiny drop of tetraethyl lead was added to ANY car gasoline in the U.S. (It began a phaseout in 1979 and was essentially gone by 1990.)

ThumperPup
07-12-11, 06:20 PM
In the rest of the posts in this thread and several others there is advice on how to find out what was built into just about every Seville made. If you go down to "All available RPO's" you'll find that the 3 or 4 leaded gas Sevilles made in 2002 went to somewhere like Africa or some such. Good luck - and the car would never be allowed into the U.S.

As always, TP, read the information in the posts and the question is already answered. Do some Google to find out when the last tiny drop of tetraethyl lead was added to ANY gasoline in the U.S. (It began a phaseout in 1979 and was essentially gone by 1990.)

i guess im confused then wouldn't Lead be in fuels 104octane and higher ? i know there are 3 stations with in 5 miles of me that have 107 on pump
mostly because i see bikers the ones with there sport bikes pumping it in eveyr nwo and then but i did not knwo lead was all goen so maybe im confuse dhere thansk

ryannel2003
07-12-11, 06:48 PM

I've seen one as well and to be honest I much prefer Polo Green.

Submariner409
07-12-11, 07:01 PM
i guess im confused then wouldn't Lead be in fuels 104octane and higher ? i know there are 3 stations with in 5 miles of me that have 107 on pump
mostly because i see bikers the ones with there sport bikes pumping it in eveyr nwo and then but i did not knwo lead was all goen so maybe im confuse dhere thansk

The stations must be pumping aviation gas - that's the only fuel left in the US with any lead in it. (and it's death on catalytic converters)

FWIW - Google "wikipedia tetraethyl lead in gasoline" - pretty good rundown on when, where, how, and why.

ThumperPup
07-12-11, 07:04 PM
The stations must be pumping aviation gas - that's the only fuel left in the US with any lead in it.

ah ok cool thanks for the info

orconn
07-12-11, 08:18 PM
I've seen one as well and to be honest I much prefer Polo Green.

I much prefer "Polo Green" to the green available later in Seville production.

ThumperPup
07-12-11, 08:26 PM
I much prefer "Polo Green" to the green available later in Seville production.

before i was looking at the Seville i was looking at a 99 Deville It was Polo Green it ran great but it had the rag top that was dirty and cut in some spots was not going to happen