: Anyone know what became of StealthV ?

Brackets
07-08-11, 08:30 PM
Seems that he disappeared from here around '08 maybe and old links are a dead end. Anyone have contact info for him? Thanks

heavymetals
07-08-11, 08:39 PM
I used to speak to him a few times a year, but haven't heard much lately.

He bought this bitchin spread and a C6 Z06.

If there is snow on the ground, no one hears from him.

ahahnu
07-08-11, 10:02 PM
I think I remember a vid (that no longer exists) of his V being flipped back over by a wrecker.

rand49er
07-08-11, 11:22 PM
He lived in Minne-snow-ta, then moved (Illinois?), then back to Minne-snow-ta to a demanding job, IIRC. LOVES to snowmobile. Didn't buy another V, but I thought he went over to the dark side and bought something from Deutschland. Watchin' his V get winched out of the snowbank while on its top in that vid was surreal. Might find him on some bimmer forum. StealthM?

heavymetals
07-08-11, 11:36 PM
He got a BMW.

GDPossehl
07-09-11, 12:35 PM
Some say hes wanted by the CIA, and that he sleeps upside down like a bat...

The Tony Show
07-09-11, 12:39 PM
Wrecked his V in the snow, bought a BMW, made some snide comments here about Cadillac and then disappeared. Bummer too, because I liked his tune on my '04.

JimmyH
07-09-11, 03:08 PM
another cool cat who turned into a _______ (insert colloquialism of choice)

heavymetals
07-09-11, 03:23 PM
Still a great guy in my book.

I still have his tune running my V and in fact, I think I am one of the only C5's he ever tuned.

Brackets
07-09-11, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I kinda figured he had moved on. Too bad cause I was looking for a tune and he seemed pretty well regarded in the V community.

rand49er
07-09-11, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I kinda figured he had moved on. Too bad cause I was looking for a tune and he seemed pretty well regarded in the V community.If it matters at all, Rick (StealthV) had good things to say about Jesse (wait4meperformance) and his tunes.

lollygagger8
07-10-11, 02:44 PM
He got a BMW.

Well that's the ultimate FU to us Caddy owners lol.

lollygagger8
07-10-11, 02:46 PM
If it matters at all, Rick (StealthV) had good things to say about Jesse (wait4meperformance) and his tunes.

I plan on having Jesse check my tune out here soon and get it redyno'ed after I change out to the Gforce 9" ...whenever that gets shipped to me.

heavymetals
07-10-11, 03:21 PM
Well that's the ultimate FU to us Caddy owners lol.

No that was given to us (original V1 owners) by GM via a inadequate diff and a POS radio/nav.

JimmyH
07-10-11, 03:23 PM
He didn't just get a BMW. He boldly proclaimed that anything other than a BMW is worthless garbage.

JimmyH
07-10-11, 03:25 PM
No that was given to us (original V1 owners) by GM via a inadequate diff and a POS radio/nav.

Driven reasonably, the replacement diff they offered up was just fine. And I never had a single issue with the radio in any of my CTS. So I am not an audiophile, but the unit in my V rocked.

heavymetals
07-10-11, 03:37 PM
Well, I thought it was a major engineering FOOPAH when the diff had specs that were less then what the drivetrain could put out.

Second, GM screwed the aftermarket and owners who wanted to swap out or improve the radio/nav.

Granted, I have never considered the V a proper platform to build an audio shrine, but I thought that was dreadful.

JimmyH
07-10-11, 04:50 PM
It was. And GM swapped out ALOT of diffs, without question, including mine, which didn't really need to be replaced, but they did it anyway. I give them props for that. The guys with 450 whp who were eating diffs have no right to complain. And the CTS is not the only car out there with a DIC in the radio.

heavymetals
07-10-11, 05:03 PM
I am still on my second diff (the first one was cracked and leaked).

Also, GETRAG screwed GM with poor manufacturing of the diffs (all models) and I saw enough Hummers towed in because the diff ground itself up.

As for the DIC, I would have preferred a video feed signal.

There is no info available on the OEM unit and parts for same (tsunami didn't help)are non existent (button trees excluded).

I have decided one thing as of late.

I will sell my V before I sell Mr. Vette.

darkman
07-10-11, 05:16 PM