: DIC programing

XxMFxX
07-08-11, 05:15 PM
hello guys
is there a way to remove the over speed warning on my DIC
because after 75mph it just stays on and i cant remove it no mater what i do until i slow down
so if i am going more than 75mph i cant check the fuel range or the tire pressure
please can some on help me on this ?

Domsz06
07-08-11, 05:30 PM
what are you talking about? I have never heard of that.

Have you gone through your settings on your DIC or read your owners manual?

Mine doesn't do that I know that. (and I drive well over 75 :D )

XxMFxX
07-08-11, 05:32 PM
its an option the dealer here in saudi arabia chooses
and they wont help me remove it

e6t
07-08-11, 05:32 PM
you talking about "vehicle overspeed"?

Domsz06
07-08-11, 05:33 PM
its an option the dealer here in saudi arabia chooses
and they wont help me remove it

oh bummer. There is no option in your settings in the DIC where you can remove it?

XxMFxX
07-08-11, 05:33 PM
yes that's right

Domsz06
07-08-11, 05:39 PM
just go to the set up in your DIC and turn it off it sounds like. I thought I remember seeing that option when I was setting mine up. Mine is getting a ported blower installed so I can't look for ya.

XxMFxX
07-08-11, 05:43 PM
just go to the set up in your DIC and turn it off it sounds like. I thought I remember seeing that option when I was setting mine up. Mine is getting a ported blower installed so I can't look for ya.
no there is no settings option i have looked everywhere in the DIC its not an option
i also have a Z06 with the same problem

elbison
07-08-11, 06:41 PM
My G8 GT that I just traded in for the CTS-V had that.

It was a setting in the setup -- I tried it once and hated it -- so I turned it back off.

With that car, there was something called "engineering mode" for the DIC (a second set of more options and stats on the car). You could only access it by holding down the "road" button when you turned the car on.

I wonder if CTS-V has it?

XxMFxX
07-12-11, 09:49 AM
ok here is what i found so far

its an RPO code called UD4 that's embedded in the car from the factory to our dealer

i went to the dealer and literally begged them to remove this annoying thing
they plugged the car in there computer using something called MDI <-- not sure about the name but i am sure its not the tech 2

i played with it left and right to no prevail

basically they told me they need a new calibration file from GM that doesn't include the UD4 code

how can i get my hands on that file ?!?!?

XxMFxX
07-12-11, 09:50 AM
here is the RPO code List
http://www.marshu.com/images-website/car/gm-firebird-camaro-rpo-car-door-manufacturer-codes/gm-firebird-camaro-GM-RPO-car-codes.pdf

scroll down to page 88

you will find the UD4 code
UD4 : ALARM, VEHICLE SPEED, 120 K/H

all i can say is BALLS

JOEYCTS-V
07-12-11, 10:02 AM
I've never even seen this appear on my display. When does this occur? When you reach a certain speed?

XxMFxX
07-12-11, 10:07 AM
I've never even seen this appear on my display. When does this occur? When you reach a certain speed?

the reason you don't see it because you have an American spec car thus you don't have this at all
as far as i know Canadian and middle east specs does

wait4me
07-12-11, 11:22 AM
You can get around it, but i would have to be in front of the car to do it. It requires flashing some modules to us spec bins... What country are you in.

XxMFxX
07-12-11, 11:32 AM
You can get around it, but i would have to be in front of the car to do it. It requires flashing some modules to us spec bins... What country are you in.
i am in saudi araibia

garfin
07-12-11, 01:29 PM
the reason you don't see it because you have an American spec car thus you don't have this at all
as far as i know Canadian and middle east specs does

I can tell you with complete certainty that Canadian cars do not have this feature.

Best regards,

Elie

wait4me
07-12-11, 01:34 PM
i am in saudi araibia

Next time i travel there for tuning stuff, ill pm you and i can meet up with you. It may take a month or so.

XxMFxX
07-12-11, 05:03 PM
Next time i travel there for tuning stuff, ill pm you and i can meet up with you. It may take a month or so.

really appreciate the help thanks :)

Q8 6.2
07-13-11, 02:22 PM
ok here is what i found so far

its an RPO code called UD4 that's embedded in the car from the factory to our dealer

i went to the dealer and literally begged them to remove this annoying thing
they plugged the car in there computer using something called MDI <-- not sure about the name but i am sure its not the tech 2

i played with it left and right to no prevail

basically they told me they need a new calibration file from GM that doesn't include the UD4 code

how can i get my hands on that file ?!?!?

Ah yes that's the most annoying thing in this car I have tried everything dealer says it's illegal to remove it.. It's the law in all GCC countries to have a reminder at 120 some cars ding ding ding ding the whole time to drive you crazy and give you a headach to force you to slow down.. But GM have chosen this quiet reminder. Much better I think.