: Need aux/mp3 input

5abi-v
07-08-11, 01:07 PM
I have an 05' cts-v. I need to find an auxiliary input for my stereo. Any ideas will help. Thanks

lollygagger8
07-08-11, 01:37 PM
Buy the cord from radio shack and splice into the XM...very easy and sounds GREAT.

Here's a pic before I tied the wires all up and was testing it out.....
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/XMRadioconnectors.jpg

repenttokyo
07-08-11, 03:31 PM
i did the same thing, it's the best solution.

CancerJCC
07-08-11, 05:28 PM
X3 although I was one of the guys who never could get all four speakers working with it. Oh well the fronts are plenty loud for what I use it for anyhow.

PrelateBishop
07-08-11, 06:14 PM
Yep, put me on the list of the DIY auxiliary install.

Read about it here (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/auxaud-noswitch/index.html).

Mystical_Ice
07-10-11, 10:38 AM
or you could install a Neo Prolink or USASpec device that would give you a 3.5mm (1/8") aux in, as well as an iPod interface

Slithering_Joe
07-10-11, 11:35 AM
You can go stupid-easy by getting an FM-transmitter with RDS. I use the Soundfly-i Ultimate. It's not as bad as FM transmitters typically have been in the past. Also, this unit displays the song and artist name on the first line (white text) of the V Navi screen. Too bad it doesn't use the longer line that displays the green text.

jmpumford
07-10-11, 12:37 PM
I use the USA SPEC interface. I like it because the sound quality is great, it has an aux input and an iphone/ipod input as well. The iphone/ipod connection is nice because it charges the device and also lets you control the unit directly or via the car's controls. Direct control is nice because I can run pandora while driving but with better quality than an FM modulator.

lollygagger8
07-10-11, 01:41 PM
I just put the USA Spec Ipod connector on my gf's SRX last week ,and although it was a pita to install, it's pretty slick. It goes through the stock head unit.

The splicing into the DIC on our cars is super easy, and if you get the correct connections, it sounds perfect.

DrSpeed
07-11-11, 02:28 AM
Except don't use wire nuts!

darkman
11-04-15, 08:41 PM

lucaslol
11-06-15, 02:33 AM
I got the USA spec PA15 vette. its very easy to install and then i bought a bluetooth receiver for like 20 bucks on amazon. I connected it to my rear power outlet and then wired the fuse up for that power outlet so that it turns off when the car turns off. Now my phone connects to the bluetooth device when the car turns on and starts playing music automatically.

rsmithtesiusa
11-08-15, 09:56 AM
I am having trouble following all this. What is best option if I want to keep XM radio and have the least chance of screwing something up? Please make it simple - car electronics is not my strong suit..... Thanks

lucaslol
11-09-15, 01:04 AM
I am having trouble following all this. What is best option if I want to keep XM radio and have the least chance of screwing something up? Please make it simple - car electronics is not my strong suit..... Thanks

Buy a USA spec PA 15 vette kit. its more pricey than splicing your wires (135 on amazon) because its all plug and play but there is absolutely no chance of you screwing something up. Takes about 15 minutes to install and you will have an aux input. If you decide from there you'd like to have that be bluetooth instead of having to plug in your phone each time you can do what I did.

CaptSlow
11-10-15, 10:24 AM
i believe this is the unit y'all are talking about.....

http://www.amazon.com/USA-PA15-VETTE-Interface-Corvette-Cadillac/dp/B0047XQYCE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1447168098&sr=8-2&keywords=usa+spec+pa15-gm

----------

i'm not seeing it, but does it come with the proper connection to an iPhone5?

lucaslol
11-10-15, 04:01 PM
i believe this is the unit y'all are talking about.....

http://www.amazon.com/USA-PA15-VETTE-Interface-Corvette-Cadillac/dp/B0047XQYCE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1447168098&sr=8-2&keywords=usa+spec+pa15-gm

----------

i'm not seeing it, but does it come with the proper connection to an iPhone5?

No, you'd use the aux port. Alternatively you can use an aux to bluetooth adapter and have it connect via bluetooth

CaptSlow
11-11-15, 08:01 AM
No, you'd use the aux port. Alternatively you can use an aux to bluetooth adapter and have it connect via bluetooth

ok.... i found this write up a guy did and you can clearly see the "ports" on the interface. http://www.kawal.net/pa15.htm

what's labeled for "iPod" isn't your typical Aux port, it's for the supplied iPod cable. i did some mild searching and couldn't find a proper cable for the iPhone5 (the mini plug Apple switched to). with that said, i'm thinking the easiest thing to do would be to also scoop up some sort of 30pin to 8pin adaptors. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Wf2mIuV2L._SX355_.jpg I'd imagine this will allow you to use the supplied iPod cable.

lucaslol
11-11-15, 10:19 PM
you see the red and white there that says "AUX input R L"? you'd connect this to it and the other end to your phone.
Doing the 30 pin to 8 pin would also work. I didnt use that because I'm using bluetooth so i dont have to connect my phone at all. I used the aux wire i posted above and connected that to a bluetooth receiver.

CaptSlow
11-12-15, 06:55 AM
ahhh, yea that'll work. probably better than the 30 to 8 pin adapters.

ok last question (i hope) before i buy this thing..... does it still allow you to play XM radio or does this take over the XM radio?

lucaslol
11-13-15, 12:26 AM
I dont have an xm subscription so i cant say 100% for sure but it seems like it does. you have 2 xm channels and the receiver only seems to use one for your aux input because when i switch between them i can hear the xm advertisements

bombog
11-13-15, 04:55 AM
I connected it to my rear power outlet and then wired the fuse up for that power outlet so that it turns off when the car turns off. Now my phone connects to the bluetooth device when the car turns on and starts playing music automatically.
Wheres the rear power outlet can you explain the wiring to the bluetooth device..