: Need aux/mp3 input

5abi-v
07-08-11, 02:07 PM
I have an 05' cts-v. I need to find an auxiliary input for my stereo. Any ideas will help. Thanks

lollygagger8
07-08-11, 02:37 PM
Buy the cord from radio shack and splice into the XM...very easy and sounds GREAT.

Here's a pic before I tied the wires all up and was testing it out.....
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/XMRadioconnectors.jpg

repenttokyo
07-08-11, 04:31 PM
i did the same thing, it's the best solution.

CancerJCC
07-08-11, 06:28 PM
X3 although I was one of the guys who never could get all four speakers working with it. Oh well the fronts are plenty loud for what I use it for anyhow.

PrelateBishop
07-08-11, 07:14 PM
Yep, put me on the list of the DIY auxiliary install.

Read about it here (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/auxaud-noswitch/index.html).

Mystical_Ice
07-10-11, 11:38 AM
or you could install a Neo Prolink or USASpec device that would give you a 3.5mm (1/8") aux in, as well as an iPod interface

Slithering_Joe
07-10-11, 12:35 PM
You can go stupid-easy by getting an FM-transmitter with RDS. I use the Soundfly-i Ultimate. It's not as bad as FM transmitters typically have been in the past. Also, this unit displays the song and artist name on the first line (white text) of the V Navi screen. Too bad it doesn't use the longer line that displays the green text.

jmpumford
07-10-11, 01:37 PM
I use the USA SPEC interface. I like it because the sound quality is great, it has an aux input and an iphone/ipod input as well. The iphone/ipod connection is nice because it charges the device and also lets you control the unit directly or via the car's controls. Direct control is nice because I can run pandora while driving but with better quality than an FM modulator.

lollygagger8
07-10-11, 02:41 PM
I just put the USA Spec Ipod connector on my gf's SRX last week ,and although it was a pita to install, it's pretty slick. It goes through the stock head unit.

The splicing into the DIC on our cars is super easy, and if you get the correct connections, it sounds perfect.

DrSpeed
07-11-11, 03:28 AM
Except don't use wire nuts!